The Marshall Thundering Herd (16-15) are favored (-3) to build on a three-game winning streak when they host the UTEP Miners (17-14) at 10:00 PM ET on Wednesday, March 11, 2020 at FORD CENTER AT THE STAR. The matchup airs on . The over/under is 142 for the matchup.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|UTEP (+3)||Under (142)||Marshall 71 UTEP 69|
- In 17 of 32 games (53.1%) this year, the Thundering Herd and their opponents have totaled at least this matchup’s over/under of 142 points.
- UTEP has played in three games this year (out of 32 total matchups — 9.4% of chances) where they combined with their opponents to score at least 142 points.
- The two teams average a combined 1.3 more points per game (143.3) than this game’s over/under of 142 points.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 2.8 fewer points per game (139.2) than this matchup’s over/under of 142 points.
- The average total the Thundering Herd have had set in games this season is seven more points than this outing’s point total.
- The average point total for the Miners this season is 8.5 points less than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Thundering Herd record 9.8 more points per game (75.9) than the Miners allow (66.1).
- Marshall has a 15-0 record against the spread and a 17-9 record overall when scoring more than 66.1 points.
- In games UTEP gives up more than 75.9 points, it is 0-3 against the spread and 1-3 overall.
- The Miners put up an average of 67.4 points per game, 5.7 fewer points than the 73.1 the Thundering Herd give up.
- UTEP is 3-0 against the spread and 6-1 overall when it scores more than 73.1 points.
- Marshall’s record is 8-12 overall and 10-7 against the spread when it allows more than 67.4 points to its opponents.
- The Thundering Herd have scored a total of 90 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 2.8 per game), and the Miners have out-scored opponents by 41 points on the season (1.3 more per game).
Marshall Betting Information
- Against the spread, Marshall has been strong this season, posting a 16-11 record.
- When favored by at least 3 points, the Thundering Herd have fared well against the spread, compiling a 7-5 record.
- In 15 of 27 (55.6%) contests this season, Marshall and its opponents have hit the total.
UTEP Betting Information
- UTEP has covered the spread in greater than half of its outings, going 13-10-1 ATS.
- When they are at least 3-point underdogs, the Miners have fared well, going 5-3 against the spread.
- UTEP and its opponents have hit the over in fewer than half of their games this year — 11 of 24 (45.8%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/11/2020||Marshall||-3||144.5||-155||127||Conference Tournament||86-78 MARSH|
|2/15/2020||UTEP||-1||139.5||-116||-107||Regular Season||71-61 MARSH|
|1/31/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||91-86 MARSH|
- The Thundering Herd leader in points and assists is Taevion Kinsey, who scores 16.4 points per game to go with 4.2 assists.
- Iran Bennett is Marshall’s best rebounder, hauling in an average of 5.3 boards in each contest while scoring 9.1 points per game.
- Jarrod West leads the Thundering Herd in three-point shooting, making an average of 2.2 shots per game from beyond the arc.
- West is Marshall’s leader in steals, averaging 2.0 steals per game, while Jannson Williams leads them in blocks with 1.6 per contest.
- Bryson Williams sits on top of the Miners leaderboards for scoring and rebounding with 17.8 points and 7.2 rebounds per game.
- Jordan Lathon records more assists than any other UTEP teammate with 3.0 per game. He also scores 5.0 points and pulls down 4.6 rebounds per game.
- Daryl Edwards leads the Miners in three-point shooting with an average of 2.3 made threes per game.
- UTEP’s leader in steals is Lathon (1.1 per game), and its leader in blocks is Bryson Williams (0.9 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found