Two hot teams square off when the Maryland Terrapins (13-10) host the Michigan State Spartans (13-9) on Sunday, February 28, 2021 at 2:00 PM ET. The Terrapins are 2.5-point favorites and put their four-game win streak on the line against the Spartans, winners of three straight. The point total is set at 134 for the matchup.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Maryland (-2.5)||Over (134)||Maryland 73 Michigan State 66|
- The Terrapins and their opponents have scored at least 134 points — this matchup’s point total — in 13 of 23 outings (56.5%) this year.
- Michigan State has played in 17 games this year (out of 22 total matchups — 77.3% of chances) where they combined with their opponents to score more than 134 points.
- These two teams average a combined 139.6 points per game, 5.6 more points than the over/under of 134 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 3.1 more points per game (137.1) than this game’s total of 134 points.
- The average point total for Terrapins games this year is equal to the total of 134 in this matchup.
- The average over/under for Spartans games this season is 8.8 more points than the point total of 134 for this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Terrapins put up 68.3 points per contest, just 3.2 fewer points than the 71.5 the Spartans allow their opponents.
- Maryland is 3-0 against the spread and 7-1 overall when scoring more than 71.5 points.
- Michigan State has a 5-9 record against the spread and a 7-7 record overall when allowing more than 68.3 points.
- The Spartans average 5.7 more points per game (71.3) than the Terrapins allow their opponents to score (65.6).
- In games when it scores more than 65.6 points, Michigan State is 7-0 against the spread and 12-2 overall.
- Maryland has a 0-6 record overall and an ATS record of 1-5 in games when its opponents put up more than 71.3 points.
- The Terrapins have out-scored their opponents by a total of 63 points this season (2.7 points per game on average), and opponents of the Spartans have out-scored them by only five more points on the year (0.2 per game).
Maryland Betting Information
- The Terrapins have struggled a bit against the spread this year, putting up a 9-13 record.
- When favored by at least 2.5 points, the Terrapins have struggled to a 4-5 record ATS this season.
- Maryland and its opponents have converted the over just 9 times in 22 (40.9%) games this season.
Michigan State Betting Information
- The Spartans have a 7-15 record against the spread, covering in just 31.8% of their outings.
- When they are at least 2.5-point underdogs, the Spartans have a record ATS of 2-11.
- The Spartans and their opponents have hit the over in fewer than half of their games this year — 10 of 22 (45.5%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/29/2020||Maryland||-3||138||-161||+129||Regular Season||78-66 MSU|
|2/15/2020||Michigan State||-7||138||-335||+250||Regular Season||67-60 MARY|
|1/21/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||69-55 MSU|
- The scoring leader for the Terrapins this season is Eric Ayala, who averages 14.6 points, 3.7 rebounds, and 2.1 assists per game.
- Donta Scott leads Maryland in rebounding, averaging 6.7 per game, while Darryl Morsell leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 2.7 in each contest.
- Ayala leads the Terrapins in three-point shooting with an average of 2.0 threes per game.
- Ayala and Scott lead the Terrapins on the defensive end, with Ayala leading the team in steals averaging 1.1 per game and Scott in blocks averaging 0.8 per contest.
Michigan State Leaders
- Aaron Henry scores 15.3 points and tacks on 3.5 assists per game, putting him at the top of the Spartans’ leaderboards for those statistics.
- Joey Hauser grabs 6.0 rebounds per game (he also scores 10.2 points per game and adds 1.5 assists per game) which puts him at the top of the Michigan State rebounding leaderboard.
- Gabe Brown provides the bulk of the Spartans’ three-point shooting production. He knocks down 1.5 threes per game to pace the squad.
- Henry (1.3 steals per game) is the steal leader for Michigan State while Marcus Bingham Jr. (1.4 blocks per game) is the block leader.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED