The Northwestern Wildcats (7-14) host the Maryland Terrapins (14-10) as 4-point underdogs after Boo Buie racked up 25 points in the Wildcats 67-59 victory over Minnesota. The matchup airs on BTN at 9:00 PM ET on Wednesday, March 3, 2021. The matchup has an over/under set at 130.5 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Maryland (-4)||Over (130.5)||Maryland 71 Northwestern 67|
- In 14 of 24 opportunities (58.3%) this season, the Terrapins and their opponents have combined for this matchup’s over/under of 130.5 points.
- Northwestern has played in 16 games this season (out of 21 total matchups — 76.2% of chances) where they and their opponents combined to score at least 130.5 points.
- The Terrapins and the Wildcats combine to average 9.5 more points per game than the total of 130.5 set for this game.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 136.5 points per game, 6.0 more than the over/under for this matchup.
- The average over/under the Terrapins have had set in games this season is 3.2 more points than this outing’s point total.
- Wildcats games this year have averaged a total of 142.8 points, 12.3 more than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Terrapins average just 2.8 fewer points per game (68.5) than the Wildcats allow (71.3).
- When Maryland totals more than 71.3 points, it is 8-1 overall and 4-0 against the spread.
- When Northwestern allows more than 68.5 points, it is 4-6-1 against the spread and 1-10 overall.
- The Wildcats score an average of 71.5 points per game, 6.3 more points than the 65.2 the Terrapins allow.
- Northwestern is 7-9 overall and 8-0-1 against the spread in games it scores more than 65.2 points.
- Maryland is 1-5 against the spread and 0-6 overall when it gives up more than 71.5 points.
- The Terrapins have out-scored their opponents by a total of 81 points this season (3.3 points per game on average), and the Wildcats have put up only four more points than their opponents on the year (0.2 per game).
Maryland Betting Information
- The Terrapins have struggled somewhat against the spread this season, posting a 10-13 record.
- When favored by at least 4 points, the Terrapins have compiled a 3-3 record ATS.
- Maryland and its opponents have converted the over just 9 times in 23 (39.1%) games this season.
Northwestern Betting Information
- The Wildcats have a losing record against the spread, going 8-10-1 ATS (covering only 42.1% of the time).
- When they are at least 4-point underdogs, the Wildcats have fared well, going 1-0 against the spread.
- Northwestern and its opponents have hit the over in fewer than half of their games this season — 8 of 19 (42.1%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/18/2020||Maryland||-14||130.5||-1578||+822||Regular Season||76-67 MARY|
|1/21/2020||Maryland||-7.5||126.5||-363||+277||Regular Season||77-66 MARY|
|1/29/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||70-52 MARY|
- The Terrapins scoring leader is Eric Ayala, who averages 14.9 per contest to go with 3.8 rebounds and 2.1 assists.
- Donta Scott is the Terrapins leading rebounder, pulling down 6.8 per game, while Darryl Morsell is their best passer, averaging 2.8 assists in each contest.
- Ayala paces his teammates on the Terrapins with 2.0 made threes per outing.
- Ayala and Scott lead Maryland on the defensive end, with Ayala leading the team in steals averaging 1.1 per game and Scott in blocks averaging 0.8 per contest.
- Chase Audige is the top scorer for the Wildcats with 12.4 points per game. He also adds 3.6 rebounds and 1.9 assists per game to his scoring output.
- Pete Nance is at the top of the Wildcats rebounding leaderboard with 6.6 rebounds per game, and Buie leads the team in assists with 4.1 per contest.
- Buie contributes the most three-point shooting production for the Wildcats. He knocks down 1.7 threes per game.
- Northwestern’s leader in steals is Audige with 1.5 per game, and its leader in blocks is Nance with 0.7 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED