The Maryland Terrapins (8-8) are slightly favored (by 1 point) to stop a three-game home losing streak when they host the No. 24 Purdue Boilermakers (12-6) on Tuesday, February 2, 2021 at 6:30 PM ET. The point total is set at 134.5 in the matchup.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Maryland (-1)||Over (134.5)||Maryland 69 Purdue 68|
- In eight of 16 opportunities (50%) this season, the Terrapins and their opponents have scored no less than this matchup’s over/under of 134.5 points.
- In 10 of 18 outings (55.6%) this year, Purdue has combined with its opponents to score more than 134.5 points.
- The Terrapins and the Boilermakers combine to average 6.0 more points per game than the total of 134.5 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 0.3 less points per game (134.2) than this game’s total of 134.5 points.
- The average over/under the Terrapins have had set in games this year is 2.7 more points than this outing’s point total.
- Boilermakers games this season have averaged an over/under of 137.5 points, 3.0 more than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Terrapins record just three more points per game (69.6) than the Boilermakers give up (66.6).
- When Maryland totals more than 66.6 points, it is 6-3 overall and 4-0 against the spread.
- When Purdue gives up more than 69.6 points, it is 2-5 against the spread and 3-4 overall.
- The Boilermakers put up an average of 70.9 points per game, just 3.3 more points than the 67.6 the Terrapins allow to opponents.
- When it scores more than 67.6 points, Purdue is 6-0 against the spread and 9-2 overall.
- Maryland is 1-5 against the spread and 1-5 overall when it allows its opponents to put up more than 70.9 points.
- The Terrapins have totaled 31 more points than their opponents this season (two per game on average), and the Boilermakers have scored 77 more points than their opponents (4.3 per game).
Maryland Betting Information
- Maryland has not performed well against the spread this season, posting a 6-9 record.
- The Terrapins have posted a losing record of 2-3 against the spread when the spread is -1 or higher.
- The Terrapins and their opponents have gone over the total in 8 of 15 games (53.3%) this season.
Purdue Betting Information
- Purdue has a winning record against the spread, going 9-7-1 ATS (covering 52.9% of the time).
- When they are at least 1-point underdogs, the Boilermakers have fared well, going 6-4 against the spread.
- Purdue and its opponents have hit the over in more than half of their games this season — 10 of 17 (58.8%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|12/25/2020||Purdue||-6||134.5||-266||+213||Regular Season||73-70 PUR|
|1/18/2020||Maryland||-5||125||-232||+182||Regular Season||57-50 MARY|
|2/12/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||70-56 MARY|
|12/6/2018||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||62-60 PUR|
- Eric Ayala leads the Terrapins in scoring, tallying 13.7 points per game to go with 3.3 rebounds and 2.1 assists.
- Donta Scott is the Terrapins leading rebounder, pulling down 6.9 per game, while Aaron Wiggins is their best passer, distributing 2.9 assists in each contest.
- Scott’s 1.8 made threes per game lead the Terrapins.
- The Maryland steals leader is Ayala, who averages 1.2 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is Chol Marial, who compiles 0.8 rejections per contest.
- Trevion Williams records 15.4 points and 9.8 rebounds per game for the Boilermakers, enough to make him the top scorer and rebounder on the team.
- The Boilermakers’ leading assist machine is Eric Hunter Jr. with a stat line of 3.5 assists, 9.9 points, and 2.9 rebounds per game.
- Sasha Stefanovic provides the bulk of the Boilermakers’ three-point shooting production. He makes 2.6 threes per game to lead the team.
- The Boilermakers’ leader in steals is Hunter with 1.1 per game, and Zach Edey is their leader in blocks with 1.0 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. NC State Wolf Pack: 2/24/2021 Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- Mercer Bears vs. Chattanooga Mocs: 2/24/2021 Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- Seton Hall Pirates vs. Butler Bulldogs: 2/24/2021 Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- Furman Paladins vs. Citadel Bulldogs 2/24/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Mississippi State Bulldogs vs. South Carolina Gamecocks: 2/24/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends