The Northwestern State Demons (1-10) are expected to continue a five-game losing streak when they visit the McNeese Cowboys (4-3) as 1-point underdogs at 5:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 9, 2021 at Burton Coliseum. The over/under for the matchup is set at 158.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Northwestern State (+1)||Under (158)||Northwestern State 79 McNeese 75|
- The Cowboys and their opponents have combined to score more than 158 points in 57.1% of their games this year (four of seven opportunities).
- Northwestern State and its opponents have added up to score more than 158 points in 45.5% of their games this season (five of 11 chances).
- The two teams average a combined 3.2 more points per game (161.2) than this matchup’s total of 158 points.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 149.4 points per game, 8.6 fewer than the point total for this matchup.
- The average point total for Cowboys games this season is 2.4 more points than the over/under of 158 in this matchup.
- The average point total for the Demons this year is 7.7 points lower than this game’s over/under.
McNeese Betting Information
- The Cowboys have struggled to an extent against the spread this season, putting up a 0-1-1 record.
- Cowboys games have played to the total or above 1 times in 2 games this season.
Northwestern State Betting Information
- The Demons have a losing record against the spread, going 4-5 ATS (covering only 44.4% of the time).
- When they are at least 1-point underdogs, the Demons have not fared well, going 0-1 against the spread.
- In most of Northwestern State’s games this year, the teams have combined to hit the over (5 out of 9 games, 55.6%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/15/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||84-79 NWST|
|1/11/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||85-76 MCNST|
|2/9/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||74-72 NWST|
|1/5/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||66-61 NWST|
- The Cowboys scoring leader is Dru Kuxhausen, who averages 14.0 per contest to go with 2.6 rebounds and 2.3 assists.
- KeyShawn Feazell is McNeese’s leading rebounder, grabbing 13.0 per game, while A.J. Lawson is its best passer, averaging 4.3 assists in each contest.
- Kuxhausen makes more threes per game than any other member of the Cowboys, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 4.0 per contest.
- Collin Warren and Feazell lead the Cowboys on the defensive end, with Warren leading the team in steals averaging 1.8 per game and Feazell in blocks averaging 1.1 per contest.
Northwestern State Leaders
- Trenton Massner scores 12.0 points per game to be the top scorer for the Demons.
- Kendal Coleman is atop the Demons rebounding leaderboard with 7.2 rebounds per game, and C.J. Jones paces the squad in assists with 2.5 per contest.
- Jairus Roberson contributes the bulk of the Demons’ three-point shooting production. He makes 2.9 threes per game to pace the team.
- The Demons’ leader in steals is Massner with 1.5 per game, and Coleman is their leader in blocks with 0.8 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found