The East Carolina Pirates (8-6) are heavy underdogs (-12.5) as they look to break a three-game road slide when they take on the Memphis Tigers (11-6) on Saturday, February 6, 2021 at FedExForum. The matchup airs at 2:00 PM ET on ESPN2. The matchup has an over/under set at 135.5 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|East Carolina (+12.5)||Under (135.5)||Memphis 74 East Carolina 62|
- The Tigers and their opponents have scored more than 135.5 points in 52.9% of their outings this year (nine of 17 opportunities).
- East Carolina has played in six games this season (out of 14 total matchups — 42.9% of opportunities) where they combined with their opponents to score at least 135.5 points.
- These two teams average a combined 141.9 points per game, 6.4 more points than the total of 135.5 set for this game.
- The Tigers and the Pirates have seen their opponents average a combined 5.5 less points per game than the over/under of 135.5 set in this matchup.
- The Tigers average point total in matchups this season is 136.2, 0.7 points higher than the over/under in this game.
- The average total for Pirates games this year is 0.1 more points than the point total of 135.5 in this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Tigers score 6.2 more points per game (73.1) than the Pirates give up (66.9).
- When Memphis totals more than 66.9 points, it is 10-2 overall and 7-0 against the spread.
- East Carolina has a 1-2 record against the spread and a 1-2 record overall in games when it allows more than 73.1 points.
- The Pirates’ 68.8 points per game are 5.7 more points than the 63.1 the Tigers give up.
- When it scores more than 63.1 points, East Carolina is 3-0 against the spread and 7-2 overall.
- Memphis is 2-4 against the spread and 3-3 overall when it gives up more than 68.8 points.
- The Tigers have out-scored their opponents by a total of 169 points this season (10.0 points per game on average), and the Pirates have put up 27 more points than their opponents on the year (1.9 per game).
Memphis Betting Information
- The Tigers have been an even bet against the spread this season at 8-8.
- The Tigers have posted an even record of 1-1 against the spread when the spread is -12.5 or bigger.
- Memphis has more often than not combined with its adversaries to fall short of the total, doing so 3 times in 16 contests (18.8%).
East Carolina Betting Information
- The Pirates have a losing record against the spread, going 4-8 ATS (covering just 33.3% of the time).
- When they play as at least 12.5-point underdogs, the Pirates have a record ATS of 0-1.
- The Pirates and their opponents have hit the over in fewer than half of their matchups this season — 5 of 12 (41.7%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/24/2021||Memphis||-7||135||-326||+251||Regular Season||80-53 MEM|
|2/19/2020||Memphis||-13.5||143||-1284||+741||Regular Season||77-73 MEM|
|2/13/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||79-69 MEM|
|1/10/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||78-72 MEM|
- The Tigers scoring leader is Landers Nolley II, who averages 13.9 per contest to go with 3.5 rebounds and 1.8 assists.
- Moussa Cisse is Memphis’ leading rebounder, grabbing 7.2 per game, while Alex Lomax is its best passer, distributing 4.4 assists in each contest.
- Nolley paces his teammates on the Tigers with 2.5 made threes per contest.
- DeAndre Williams and Cisse lead Memphis on the defensive end, with Williams leading the team in steals averaging 2.1 per game and Cisse in blocks averaging 2.0 per contest.
East Carolina Leaders
- The Pirates’ leader in scoring and rebounding is Jayden Gardner with 17.4 points and 8.6 rebounds per game.
- Tristen Newton records more assists than any other East Carolina teammate with 4.3 per game. He also scores 7.7 points and grabs 4.3 rebounds per game.
- Tremont Robinson-White’s 1.7 made threes per game lead the Pirates.
- The Pirates’ leader in steals is Newton with 1.5 per game, and Ludgy Debaut is their leader in blocks with 1.1 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Jackson State Tigers vs. Alabama A&M Bulldogs: 3/4/2021 Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- Iowa Hawkeyes vs. Nebraska Cornhuskers: 3/4/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Weber State Wildcats vs. Northern Colorado Bears 3/4/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Southern Utah Thunderbirds vs. Portland State Vikings: 3/4/2021 Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Eastern Kentucky Colonels vs. Austin Peay Governors 3/4/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends