The Memphis Tigers (6-5) are at home in AAC play against the Wichita State Shockers (8-3) on Thursday, January 21, 2021 at 7:00 PM ET. The Tigers are 2.5-point favorites in the game, the first matchup between the squads this season. The matchup’s point total is set at 139.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Wichita State (+2.5)||Over (139)||Wichita State 71 Memphis 69|
- In five of 11 games (45.5%) this season, the Tigers and their opponents have put up at least this matchup’s over/under of 139 points.
- In four of 11 games (36.4%) this season, Wichita State has combined with its opponents to score at least 139 points.
- The Tigers and the Shockers combine to average 5.9 more points per game than the total of 139 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 130.7 points per game, 8.3 less than the over/under for this game.
- The Tigers average point total in outings this year is 134.3, 4.7 points less than the over/under in this game.
- The average point total for the Shockers this season is 2.4 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Tigers average only 3.5 more points per game (70.7) than the Shockers give up (67.2).
- When Memphis totals more than 67.2 points, it is 5-2 overall and 2-0 against the spread.
- Wichita State is 4-1 overall and 3-2 against the spread in games when it allows more than 70.7 points.
- The Shockers put up an average of 74.2 points per game, 10.7 more points than the 63.5 the Tigers give up.
- Wichita State has put together an 8-1 overall record and a 5-0-1 ATS record in games it scores more than 63.5 points.
- Memphis’ record is 0-1 against the spread and 0-1 overall when it gives up more than 74.2 points.
- The Tigers have put up a total of 79 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 7.2 per game), and the Shockers have out-scored opponents by 77 points on the season (seven more per game).
Memphis Betting Information
- Memphis has not fared well against the spread this season, posting a 2-8 record.
- The Tigers have posted a losing record of 2-8 against the spread when the spread is -2.5 or higher.
- Memphis has more often than not combined with its adversaries to fall short of the total, doing so 1 times in 10 contests (10%).
Wichita State Betting Information
- The Shockers have a winning record against the spread, going 6-2-1 ATS (covering 66.7% of the time).
- When they are at least 2.5-point underdogs, the Shockers have gone 1-1 against the spread.
- In most of Wichita State’s games this year, the teams have combined to hit the over (5 out of 9 games, 55.6%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/5/2020||Memphis||-1.5||137||-127||+104||Regular Season||68-60 MEM|
|1/9/2020||Wichita State||-5.5||141||-245||+194||Regular Season||76-67 WICHST|
|2/23/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||88-85 MEM|
|1/3/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||85-74 MEM|
- Landers Nolley II leads the Tigers in scoring, tallying 13.3 points per game to go with 2.9 rebounds and 1.5 assists.
- Moussa Cisse leads the Tigers in rebounding, averaging 7.3 per game, while Alex Lomax leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 3.7 in each contest.
- Nolley connects on more threes per game than any of his teammates on the Tigers, knocking down shots from deep at a clip of 2.4 per game.
- Lomax is the Tigers leader in steals, averaging 1.7 steals per game, while Cisse leads them in blocks with 1.7 per contest.
Wichita State Leaders
- Tyson Etienne racks up 17.9 points per game to be the top scorer for the Shockers.
- The Wichita State leaders in rebounding and assists are Trey Wade with 6.2 rebounds per game (he also adds 6.1 points and 1.5 assists per game) and Alterique Gilbert with 3.6 assists per game (he also tacks on 9.3 points and 3.2 rebounds per game).
- Nolley paces his teammates on the Shockers with 3.0 made threes per game.
- Wichita State’s leader in steals is Gilbert with 1.5 per game, and its leader in blocks is Morris Udeze with 1.0 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Missouri State Bears vs. Evansville Purple Aces: 2/26/2021 Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- Penn State Nittany Lions vs. Purdue Boilermakers: 2/26/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Indiana State Sycamores vs. Valparaiso Crusaders: 2/26/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Montana State Bobcats vs. Idaho Vandals: 2/26/2021 Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Drake Bulldogs vs. Bradley Braves 2/26/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends