The Mercer Bears (13-9) host the Chattanooga Mocs (15-4) in a matchup of SoCon teams at Hawkins Arena, tipping off at 7:00 PM ET on Wednesday, February 24, 2021. The Bears are 4-point favorites in the game, the second matchup between the squads this season. The matchup has an over/under of 141 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Mercer (-4)||Over (141)||Mercer 76 Chattanooga 70|
- In 17 of 22 games (77.3%) this season, the Bears and their opponents have totaled at least this matchup’s over/under of 141 points.
- Chattanooga has played in nine games this season (out of 19 total matchups — 47.4% of opportunities) where they combined with their opponents to score at least 141 points.
- These teams average a combined 150.1 points per game, 9.1 more points than the total of 141 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 141.3 points per game, 0.3 more than the point total for this matchup.
- The average point total for Bears games this year is 9.9 more points than the over/under of 141 in this matchup.
- The average point total for the Mocs this year is 0.5 points lower than this game’s over/under.
Mercer Betting Information
- Mercer has struggled against the spread, going 8-11 on the year.
- The Bears have posted a losing record of 3-4 against the spread when the spread is -4 or higher.
- The Bears and their opponents have gone over the total in 10 of 19 games (52.6%) this season.
Chattanooga Betting Information
- The Mocs have a winning record against the spread, going 12-5 ATS (covering 70.6% of the time).
- When they play as at least 4-point underdogs, the Mocs have a record ATS of 3-3.
- In most of Chattanooga’s games this season, the teams have not hit the over (7 out of 17 games, 41.2%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/13/2021||Mercer||-1||150||-115||-105||Regular Season||83-80 CHAT|
|2/22/2020||Chattanooga||-6||139.5||-275||+213||Regular Season||85-80 MERC|
|1/4/2020||Mercer||-1||136||-115||-106||Regular Season||70-61 CHAT|
|2/23/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||74-69 MERC|
|1/17/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||73-70 CHAT|
- The scoring leader for the Bears this season is Ross Cummings, who averages 14.8 points, 3.2 rebounds, and 2.4 assists per game.
- Felipe Haase leads the Bears in rebounding, averaging 7.7 per game, while Neftali Alvarez leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 4.4 in each contest.
- Cummings’ 2.8 threes per game leads the Bears.
- Alvarez is the Bears leader in steals, averaging 1.4 steals per game, while Maciej Bender leads them in blocks with 1.4 per contest.
- Malachi Smith has the top spot on the Mocs leaderboards for scoring (16.5 per game), rebounds (8.8 per game), and assists (3.3 per game).
- David Jean-Baptiste is dependable from deep and leads the Mocs with 2.7 made threes per game.
- Chattanooga’s leader in steals is Jean-Baptiste with 1.6 per game, and its leader in blocks is Stefan Kenic with 0.5 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED