The Citadel Bulldogs (7-3) are expected to continue a three-game losing streak when they host the Mercer Bears (7-4) as 6-point underdogs at 5:00 PM ET on Wednesday, January 20, 2021 at McAlister Field House. The game airs on ESPN+. The point total is set at 171.5 for the matchup.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Citadel (+6)||Under (171.5)||Mercer 85 Citadel 82|
- The Bears and their opponents have put up at least 171.5 points — this matchup’s over/under — in one of 11 opportunities (9.1%) this year.
- Citadel has played in four games this season (out of 10 total matchups — 40% of chances) where they and their opponents combined to score at least 171.5 points.
- These teams average a combined 172.4 points per game, 0.9 more points than the over/under of 171.5 set for this game.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 151.2 points per game, 20.3 less than the point total in this game.
- The average over/under the Bears have had set in matchups this season is 15.8 fewer points than this outing’s point total.
- Bulldogs games this year have averaged an over/under of 167.9 points, 3.6 less than the point total in this matchup.
Mercer Betting Information
- Mercer has struggled against the spread, going 3-5 on the year.
- The Bears have struggled to cover, going just 0-1 ATS when favored by at least 6 points.
- More often than not, Mercer and its foes have united to reach the over, cashing in on 6 of 8 chances this season.
Citadel Betting Information
- Citadel has a 4-2 record against the spread, covering in 66.7% of their outings.
- In most of Citadel’s games this season, the teams have combined to hit the over (4 out of 6 games, 66.7%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/26/2020||Mercer||-6||156.5||-271||+212||Regular Season||73-57 MERC|
|2/1/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||76-71 MERC|
|2/9/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||67-61 CITA|
|12/1/2018||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||79-69 CITA|
- Ross Cummings leads the Bears in scoring, tallying 15.7 points per game to go with 3.5 rebounds and 2.2 assists.
- Felipe Haase is Mercer’s leading rebounder, grabbing 9.4 per game, while Neftali Alvarez is its best passer, averaging 5.0 assists in each contest.
- Cummings contributes the bulk of the Bears’ three-point shooting production. He hits 3.3 threes per game to lead the team.
- Alvarez and Maciej Bender lead the Bears on the defensive end, with Alvarez leading the team in steals averaging 1.3 per game and Bender in blocks averaging 1.8 per contest.
- Hayden Brown sits atop the Bulldogs leaderboards for both scoring and rebounding with 21.5 points and 10.1 rebounds per game.
- The Bulldogs’ top assist machine is Tyler Moffe with a stat line of 5.3 assists, 10.4 points, and 4.3 rebounds per game.
- Kaiden Rice connects on more threes per game than any other member of the Bulldogs, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 5.0 per game.
- Moffe (1.4 steals per game) is the steal leader for Citadel while Stephen Clark (2.0 blocks per game) is the block leader.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets vs. Wake Forest Demon Deacons: 3/5/2021 Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- Mercer Bears vs. Samford Bulldogs: 3/5/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Western Kentucky Hilltoppers vs. Old Dominion Monarchs: 3/5/2021 Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- North Texas Mean Green vs. UAB Blazers: 3/5/2021 Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- Nevada Wolf Pack vs. Colorado State Rams: 3/5/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends