The Mercer Bears (9-6) host the East Tennessee State Buccaneers (6-6) in a matchup of SoCon teams at Hawkins Arena, starting at 7:00 PM ET on Wednesday, February 3, 2021. The Bears are 1.5-point favorites in the game, the first matchup between the teams this season. The matchup has an over/under set at 144 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Mercer (-1.5)||Over (144)||Mercer 74 East Tennessee State 72|
- In 12 of 15 outings (80%) this year, the Bears and their opponents have combined for this matchup’s over/under of 144 points.
- East Tennessee State has played in four games this year (out of 12 total matchups — 33.3% of chances) where they and their opponents combined to score at least 144 points.
- These two teams average a combined 148.6 points per game, 4.6 more points than the over/under of 144 set for this matchup.
- The Bears and the Buccaneers have seen their opponents average a combined 2.1 less points per game than the over/under of 144 set in this matchup.
- The Bears average point total in matchups this year is 154.1, 10.1 points higher than the over/under in this game.
- The average point total for the Buccaneers this year is 7.6 points lower than this game’s over/under.
Mercer Betting Information
- The Bears have struggled a bit against the spread this season, posting a 5-7 record.
- The Bears have posted a losing record of 1-4 against the spread when the spread is -1.5 or bigger.
- More often than not, Mercer and its foes have united to reach the over, cashing in on 8 of 12 chances this season.
East Tennessee State Betting Information
- East Tennessee State has a winning record against the spread, going 7-5 ATS (covering 58.3% of the time).
- When they play as at least 1.5-point underdogs, the Buccaneers have a record ATS of 4-1.
- In most of East Tennessee State’s games this season, the teams have not hit the over (4 out of 12 games, 33.3%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/8/2020||East Tennessee State||-8.5||137.5||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||73-60 ETNST|
|1/29/2020||East Tennessee State||-15||134||-1939||+912||Regular Season||71-55 MERC|
|2/16/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||88-69 ETNST|
|1/12/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||72-68 ETNST|
- The scoring leader for the Bears this season is Ross Cummings, who averages 15.7 points, 3.2 rebounds, and 2.3 assists per game.
- Felipe Haase is the Bears leading rebounder, grabbing 8.3 per game, while Neftali Alvarez is their best passer, distributing 4.6 assists in each contest.
- The Bears get the most three-point shooting production out of Cummings, who makes 2.9 threes per game.
- Alvarez is the Bears leader in steals, averaging 1.3 steals per game, while Maciej Bender leads them in blocks with 1.6 per contest.
East Tennessee State Leaders
- Ledarrius Brewer is the top scorer for the Buccaneers with 16.9 points per game. He also adds 5.1 rebounds and 1.6 assists per game to his scoring output.
- The Buccaneers’ leader in rebounds is Damari Monsanto with 7.5 per matchup, and their leader in assists is David Sloan with 4.6 per game.
- Brewer contributes the bulk of the Buccaneers’ three-point shooting production. He hits 2.5 threes per game to lead the team.
- The Buccaneers’ leader in steals is Brewer with 1.8 per game, and Silas Adheke is their leader in blocks with 0.7 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED