The Mercer Bears (10-7) hit the road in SoCon play against the Samford Bulldogs (4-7) on Wednesday, February 10, 2021 at 8:00 PM ET. The Bears are 5-point favorites in the game, the second matchup between the teams this season. The matchup’s point total is set at 153.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Samford (+5)||Over (153.5)||Mercer 78 Samford 76|
- In 52.9% of their games this season (nine of 17 chances), the Bears and their opponents have scored more than this matchup’s point total of 153.5 points.
- Samford and its opponents have combined to score at least 153.5 points in six of 11 games (54.5%) this year.
- The Bears and the Bulldogs combine to average 2.4 more points per game than the total of 153.5 set for this game.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 152.9 points per game, 0.6 fewer than the over/under in this game.
- The Bears average point total in outings this season is 153.9, 0.4 points higher than the over/under in this game.
- Bulldogs games this season have averaged a total of 154.8 points, 1.3 more than the point total in this matchup.
Mercer Betting Information
- The Bears have struggled a bit against the spread this season, posting a 5-9 record.
- The Bears have struggled to cover, going just 1-4 ATS when favored by at least 5 points.
- The Bears have failed to combine with their opponents to reach the over/under just 5 times in 14 games this season.
Samford Betting Information
- Samford has a losing record against the spread, going 4-6 ATS (covering only 40% of the time).
- The Bulldogs have not fared well as a 5-point underdog, going 0-2 against the spread when they are at least 5-point underdogs.
- Samford has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 40% of matchups this season (4 out of 10 chances).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/8/2021||Mercer||-9.5||156.5||-500||+374||Regular Season||89-82 MERC|
|2/19/2020||Mercer||-7||150||-320||+248||Regular Season||106-66 MERC|
|1/18/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||90-75 MERC|
|2/21/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||65-62 MERC|
|1/19/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||93-87 MERC|
- The scoring leader for the Bears this season is Ross Cummings, who averages 15.8 points, 3.3 rebounds, and 2.3 assists per game.
- Felipe Haase leads Mercer in rebounding, averaging 8.0 per game, while Neftali Alvarez leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 4.7 in each contest.
- Cummings leads the Bears in three-point shooting, knocking down an average of 3.1 shots per game from beyond the arc.
- The Mercer steals leader is Alvarez, who averages 1.5 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is Maciej Bender, who compiles 1.4 rejections per contest.
- Myron Gordon racks up 15.6 points per game to be the top scorer for the Bulldogs.
- The Bulldogs’ leader in rebounds is Christian Guess with 9.0 per outing, and their leader in assists is Richardson Maitre with 3.1 per game.
- Triston Chambers leads his teammates on the Bulldogs with 1.5 made threes per game.
- Samford’s leader in steals is A.J. Staton-McCray (1.5 per game), and its leader in blocks is Jacob Tryon (1.0 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets vs. Wake Forest Demon Deacons: 3/5/2021 Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- Mercer Bears vs. Samford Bulldogs: 3/5/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Western Kentucky Hilltoppers vs. Old Dominion Monarchs: 3/5/2021 Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- North Texas Mean Green vs. UAB Blazers: 3/5/2021 Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- Nevada Wolf Pack vs. Colorado State Rams: 3/5/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends