The Mercer Bears (9-7) are 9.5-point favorites as they try to break a three-game losing streak when they host the Samford Bulldogs (4-6) on Monday, February 8, 2021 at Hawkins Arena. The contest airs at 7:00 PM ET on ESPN+. The point total is set at 155.5 in the matchup.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Samford (+9.5)||Under (155.5)||Mercer 80 Samford 73|
- In 37.5% of their opportunities this year (six of 16 chances), the Bears and their opponents have put up more than this matchup’s over/under of 155.5 points.
- Samford has played in three games this year (out of 10 total matchups — 30% of chances) where they combined with their opponents to score more than 155.5 points.
- The Bears and the Bulldogs combine to average 0.7 fewer points per game than the over/under of 155.5 set for this game.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 4.2 fewer points per game (151.3) than this matchup’s total of 155.5 points.
- The average total the Bears have had set in games this year is 2.6 fewer points than this outing’s point total.
- The average point total for the Bulldogs this season is 2.3 points lower than this game’s over/under.
Mercer Betting Information
- Mercer has struggled against the spread, going 5-8 on the year.
- Mercer has been reliable for the over this season, combining with opponents to reach the total in 8 of 13 games for a 61.5% rate.
Samford Betting Information
- Samford has a losing record against the spread, going 3-6 ATS (covering only 33.3% of the time).
- Samford and its opponents have hit the over in fewer than half of their matchups this year — 3 of 9 (33.3%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/19/2020||Mercer||-7||150||-320||+248||Regular Season||106-66 MERC|
|1/18/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||90-75 MERC|
|2/21/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||65-62 MERC|
|1/19/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||93-87 MERC|
- The scoring leader for the Bears this season is Ross Cummings, who averages 15.2 points, 3.2 rebounds, and 2.2 assists per game.
- Felipe Haase is the Bears leading rebounder, pulling down 8.0 per game, while Neftali Alvarez is their best passer, distributing 4.6 assists in each contest.
- Cummings makes more threes per game than any of his teammates on the Bears, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a rate of 2.9 per contest.
- Alvarez and Maciej Bender lead Mercer on the defensive end, with Alvarez leading the team in steals averaging 1.3 per game and Bender in blocks averaging 1.5 per contest.
- Myron Gordon averages 15.6 points per game and is the top scorer for the Bulldogs.
- Samford’s leader in rebounds is Christian Guess with 9.0 per game, and its leader in assists is Richardson Maitre with 3.4 per game.
- Triston Chambers makes more threes per game than any of his teammates on the Bulldogs, knocking down shots from deep at a rate of 1.6 per game.
- Samford’s leader in steals is A.J. Staton-McCray (1.4 per game), and its leader in blocks is Jacob Tryon (1.0 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Iowa Hawkeyes vs. Wisconsin Badgers: 3/7/2021 Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- Cincinnati Bearcats vs. East Carolina Pirates: 3/7/2021 Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Northwestern Wildcats vs. Nebraska Cornhuskers: 3/7/2021 Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Liberty Flames vs. North Alabama Lions: 3/7/2021 Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- Loyola Chicago Ramblers vs. Drake Bulldogs: 3/7/2021 Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview