The VMI Keydets (7-6) visit the Mercer Bears (8-4) after losing five road games in a row. The Bears are favored by 8.5 points in the contest, which tips at 2:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 23, 2021. The matchup has a point total of 159.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Mercer (-8.5)||Under (159)||Mercer 82 VMI 74|
- The Bears and their opponents have combined to record more than 159 points in 33.3% of their outings this season (four of 12 opportunities).
- VMI has played in five games this year (out of 13 total matchups — 38.5% of chances) where they combined with their opponents to score more than 159 points.
- These teams average a combined 163.4 points per game, 4.4 more points than the over/under of 159 set for this game.
- The Bears and the Keydets have seen their opponents average a combined 9.3 less points per game than the point total of 159 set for this outing.
- The average point total in Bears games this season is 4.1 fewer points than the total of 159 in this matchup.
- The average point total for the Keydets this year is 0.8 points lower than this game’s over/under.
Mercer Betting Information
- Mercer has not fared well against the spread this season, posting a 4-5 record.
- The Bears have failed to combine with their opponents to reach the over/under just 3 times in 9 games this season.
VMI Betting Information
- VMI has covered the spread in more than half of its games, going 6-3 ATS.
- In most of VMI’s games this year, the teams have combined to hit the over (5 out of 9 games, 55.6%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/25/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||69-66 MERC|
|1/15/2020||Mercer||-6||145.5||-264||+212||Regular Season||73-62 MERC|
|2/28/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||84-71 VAMIL|
|1/24/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||88-68 MERC|
- The Bears scoring leader is Ross Cummings, who averages 15.5 per contest to go with 3.3 rebounds and 2.1 assists.
- Felipe Haase is Mercer’s leading rebounder, pulling down 9.1 per game, while Neftali Alvarez is its best passer, averaging 5.2 assists in each contest.
- Cummings makes more threes per game than any other member of the Bears, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 3.1 per contest.
- Alvarez and Maciej Bender lead Mercer on the defensive end, with Alvarez leading the team in steals averaging 1.4 per game and Bender in blocks averaging 1.8 per contest.
- Greg Parham’s points (19.3 per game) and assists (3.9 per game) stat lines give him the top rebounding and assists spots on the Keydets’ leaderboards.
- Jake Stephens grabs 7.8 rebounds per game (he also scores 14.1 points per game and adds 3.1 assists per game) which puts him at the top of the VMI rebounding leaderboard.
- Parham provides the bulk of the Keydets’ three-point shooting production. He makes 3.1 threes per game to lead the squad.
- VMI’s leader in steals is Trey Bonham with 1.2 per game, and its leader in blocks is Stephens with 1.8 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Loyola Chicago Ramblers vs. Indiana State Sycamores 3/6/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Boston University Terriers: 3/6/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Utah Utes vs. Arizona State Sun Devils 3/6/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Weber State Wildcats vs. Northern Colorado Bears: 3/6/2021 Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Purdue Boilermakers vs. Indiana Hoosiers: 3/6/2021 Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends