The Western Carolina Catamounts (10-15) host the Mercer Bears (15-9) as 5.5-point underdogs after Mason Faulkner racked up 28 points in the Catamounts 81-80 victory over UNC Greensboro. The game airs on ESPN+ at 1:00 PM ET on Saturday, February 27, 2021. The matchup has a point total of 148.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Mercer (-5.5)||Over (148.5)||Mercer 79 Western Carolina 73|
- In 15 of 24 opportunities (62.5%) this year, the Bears and their opponents have put up at least this matchup’s over/under of 148.5 points.
- Western Carolina has played in 15 games this season (out of 25 total matchups — 60% of chances) where they combined with their opponents to score more than 148.5 points.
- The two teams average a combined 4.6 more points per game (153.1) than this game’s over/under of 148.5 points.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 151.6 points per game, 3.1 more than the over/under in this matchup.
- The average point total in Bears games this year is 2.7 more points than the over/under of 148.5 in this matchup.
- The average over/under in Catamounts games this season is 4.9 more points than the point total of 148.5 for this outing.
Mercer Betting Information
- Mercer has struggled against the spread, going 9-12 on the year.
- When favored by at least 5.5 points, the Bears have struggled to a 2-5 record ATS this season.
- Mercer has been reliable for the over this season, combining with opponents to reach the total in 12 of 21 games for a 57.1% rate.
Western Carolina Betting Information
- Western Carolina has a losing record against the spread, going 5-17-1 ATS (covering just 21.7% of the time).
- When they are at least 5.5-point underdogs, the Catamounts have a record ATS of 0-4.
- Western Carolina has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 47.8% of matchups this season (11 out of 23 opportunities).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/16/2021||Mercer||-6.5||158||-286||+227||Regular Season||78-76 MERC|
|3/7/2020||Western Carolina||-1||152||-119||-104||Conference Tournament||70-56 WCAR|
|1/22/2020||Mercer||-1.5||154||-129||+106||Regular Season||85-79 MERC|
|1/11/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||79-71 WCAR|
|2/14/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||74-65 MERC|
|1/10/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||84-80 MERC|
- The scoring leader for the Bears this season is Ross Cummings, who averages 14.8 points, 3.4 rebounds, and 2.6 assists per game.
- Felipe Haase is Mercer’s leading rebounder, grabbing 7.6 per game, while Neftali Alvarez is its best passer, averaging 4.4 assists in each contest.
- The Bears get the most three-point shooting production out of Cummings, who knocks down 2.9 threes per game.
- Alvarez is the Bears leader in steals, averaging 1.4 steals per game, while Maciej Bender leads them in blocks with 1.4 per contest.
Western Carolina Leaders
- Faulkner averages 16.6 points and adds 4.5 assists per game, putting him at the top of the Catamounts’ leaderboards for those statistics.
- Cory Hightower grabs 6.4 rebounds per game (he also scores 14.4 points per game and adds 1.9 assists per game) which puts him at the top of the Western Carolina rebounding leaderboard.
- Matt Halvorsen paces his teammates on the Catamounts with 3.0 made threes per contest.
- Travion McCray (1.2 steals per game) and Xavier Cork (1.4 blocks per game) pace the Catamounts in steals and blocks, respectively.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED