A game after he exploded for 28 points in a 93-64 loss to Florida State, Jay Heath leads the Boston College Eagles (4-14) on the road against the Miami (FL) Hurricanes (7-16) on Friday, March 5, 2021. The Eagles are underdogs by 3.5 points in the matchup, which airs at 6:00 PM ET on ACCN. The over/under for the matchup is set at 147.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Boston College (+3.5)||Under (147.5)||Miami (FL) 73 Boston College 71|
- In five of 23 games (21.7%) this year, the Hurricanes and their opponents have combined for this matchup’s over/under of 147.5 points.
- Boston College has played in nine games this season (out of 18 total matchups — 50% of chances) where they and their opponents combined to score more than 147.5 points.
- The two teams average a combined 10.0 less points per game (137.5) than this game’s total of 147.5 points.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 2.6 more points per game (150.1) than this matchup’s over/under of 147.5 points.
- The average point total for Hurricanes games this season is 11.2 less points than the over/under of 147.5 in this matchup.
- Eagles games this season have averaged an over/under of 151.3 points, 3.8 more than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 65.3 points per game the Hurricanes score are 13.8 fewer points than the Eagles allow (79.1).
- Miami (FL) is 0-0 against the spread and 1-0 overall when scoring more than 79.1 points.
- When Boston College allows more than 65.3 points, it is 6-7 against the spread and 1-13 overall.
- The Eagles score only 1.2 more points per game (72.2) than the Hurricanes allow (71).
- In games when it scores more than 71 points, Boston College is 5-0 against the spread and 3-4 overall.
- Miami (FL) is 3-6 against the spread and 1-8 overall when it allows more than 72.2 points.
- The Hurricanes have a negative point differential on the season (-131 total points, -5.7 per game), as do the Eagles (-124 total points, -6.9 per game).
Miami (FL) Betting Information
- Miami (FL) has struggled against the spread, going 10-12 on the year.
- The Hurricanes have struggled to cover, going just 0-3 ATS when favored by at least 3.5 points.
- Miami (FL) has more often than not combined with its adversaries to fall short of the total, doing so 9 times in 22 contests (40.9%).
Boston College Betting Information
- The Eagles have a losing record against the spread, going 8-9 ATS (covering only 47.1% of the time).
- The Eagles have not fared well as a 3.5-point underdog, going 0-1 against the spread when they are at least 3.5-point underdogs.
- Boston College and its opponents have hit the over in more than half of their matchups this season — 11 of 17 (64.7%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/12/2021||Miami (FL)||-2||141.5||-135||+112||Regular Season||84-62 BC|
|2/12/2020||Miami (FL)||-3.5||141.5||-179||+143||Regular Season||85-58 MIA|
|2/17/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||64-57 BC|
Miami (FL) Leaders
- Isaiah Wong leads the Hurricanes in scoring, tallying 17.4 points per game to go with 5.2 rebounds and 2.1 assists.
- Nysier Brooks is Miami (FL)’s leading rebounder, grabbing 5.7 per game, while Harlond Beverly is its best passer, averaging 3.3 assists in each contest.
- Wong leads the Hurricanes in three-point shooting, knocking down an average of 2.0 shots per game from beyond the arc.
- Beverly and Brooks lead Miami (FL) on the defensive end, with Beverly leading the team in steals averaging 1.5 per game and Brooks in blocks averaging 0.8 per contest.
Boston College Leaders
- Heath is at the top of the Eagles scoring leaderboard with 15.4 points per game. He also pulls down 3.0 rebounds and averages 1.8 assists per game.
- The Boston College leaders in rebounding and assists are Steffon Mitchell with 7.2 rebounds per game (he also adds 9.1 points and 1.4 assists per game) and Makai Ashton-Langford with 2.8 assists per game (he also tacks on 9.5 points and 3.3 rebounds per game).
- Heath makes more threes per game than any other member of the Eagles, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 2.4 per outing.
- Ashton-Langford (1.7 steals per game) is the steal leader for Boston College while CJ Felder (2.1 blocks per game) is the block leader.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED