The Indiana Hoosiers (12-12) are 3.5-point underdogs as they try to stop a three-game losing streak when they visit the Michigan State Spartans (13-10) on Tuesday, March 2, 2021 at Breslin Center. The game airs at 8:00 PM ET on BTN. The point total is set at 137.5 for the matchup.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Indiana (+3.5)||Over (137.5)||Michigan State 72 Indiana 71|
- The Spartans and their opponents have combined for 137.5 points — this matchup’s point total — in 16 of 23 opportunities (69.6%) this season.
- Indiana and its opponents have combined to score at least 137.5 points in 14 of 24 outings (58.3%) this season.
- The Spartans and the Hoosiers combine to average 4.6 more points per game than the total of 137.5 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 4.1 more points per game (141.6) than this game’s total of 137.5 points.
- The Spartans average point total in outings this season is 142.1, 4.6 points higher than the over/under in this game.
- Hoosiers games this season have averaged an over/under of 141.5 points, 4.0 more than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Spartans record 70.6 points per contest, only 0.6 more points than the 70 the Hoosiers give up to opponents.
- When Michigan State puts up more than 70 points, it is 10-2 overall and 6-0 against the spread.
- When Indiana gives up more than 70.6 points, it is 3-9-1 against the spread and 4-9 overall.
- The Hoosiers score an average of 71.5 points per game, just 0.1 fewer points than the 71.6 the Spartans give up.
- When it scores more than 71.6 points, Indiana is 8-0-1 against the spread and 9-1 overall.
- Michigan State’s record is 2-10 against the spread and 4-8 overall when it gives up more than 71.5 points.
- The Spartans have a negative point differential on the season (-23 total points, -1 per game), while the Hoosiers have scored 35 more points than their opponents (1.5 per game).
Michigan State Betting Information
- The Spartans have struggled somewhat against the spread this year, putting up a 7-16 record.
- The Spartans have struggled to cover, going just 1-10 ATS when favored by at least 3.5 points.
- The Spartans have combined with their opponents to go over the total in 10 of 23 contests this season, a rate of 43.5%
Indiana Betting Information
- Indiana’s record against the spread is 11-11-2.
- The Hoosiers have gone 5-5-1 against the spread when they are at least a 3.5-point underdog.
- The Hoosiers and their opponents have hit the over in more than half of their games this season — 14 of 24 (58.3%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/20/2021||Indiana||-7||133.5||-300||+242||Regular Season||78-71 MSU|
|1/23/2020||Michigan State||-4.5||144||-202||+162||Regular Season||67-63 IU|
|3/2/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||63-62 IU|
|2/2/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||79-75 IU|
Michigan State Leaders
- Aaron Henry leads the Spartans in points and assists per game, scoring 15.1 points and distributing 3.6 assists.
- Michigan State’s best rebounder is Joey Hauser, who averages 6.1 boards per game in addition to his 10.2 PPG average.
- Gabe Brown’s 1.6 threes per game leads the Spartans.
- The Michigan State steals leader is Henry, who averages 1.3 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is Marcus Bingham Jr., who compiles 1.3 rejections per contest.
- Trayce Jackson-Davis collects 19.8 points and 9.3 rebounds per game for the Hoosiers, making him the leading scorer and rebounder on the team.
- Al Durham dishes out 2.8 assists per game, the most assists on the Hoosiers.
- Armaan Franklin is consistent from distance and leads the Hoosiers with 1.7 made threes per game.
- Indiana’s leader in steals is Franklin (1.2 per game), and its leader in blocks is Jackson-Davis (1.5 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED