The No. 3 Michigan Wolverines (18-1) are 8.5-point favorites as they attempt to extend a seven-game win streak when they host the No. 5 Illinois Fighting Illini (18-6) on Tuesday, March 2, 2021 at Crisler Center. The matchup airs at 7:00 PM ET on ESPN. The matchup has a point total of 149.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
- In 36.8% of their opportunities this season (seven of 19 chances), the Wolverines and their opponents have scored more than this matchup’s over/under of 149.5 points.
- Illinois has played in 13 games this year (out of 24 total matchups — 54.2% of chances) where they and their opponents combined to score at least 149.5 points.
- The Wolverines and the Fighting Illini combine to average 10.5 more points per game than the over/under of 149.5 set for this matchup.
- The Wolverines and the Fighting Illini have seen their opponents average a combined 15.1 less points per game than the over/under of 149.5 set for this matchup.
- The average point total in Wolverines games this year is 5.4 less points than the over/under of 149.5 in this matchup.
- The average total for Fighting Illini games this season is 0.9 more points than the point total of 149.5 in this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Wolverines score 78.8 points per game, 9.6 more points than the 69.2 the Fighting Illini give up.
- When Michigan totals more than 69.2 points, it is 16-0 overall and 14-0 against the spread.
- When Illinois allows more than 78.8 points, it is 1-5 against the spread and 1-5 overall.
- The Fighting Illini’s 81.2 points per game are 16 more points than the 65.2 the Wolverines allow.
- In games it scores more than 65.2 points, Illinois is 14-0-1 against the spread and 18-5 overall.
- Michigan has a 2-0 record overall and an ATS record of 2-0 in games when its opponents score more than 81.2 points.
- The Wolverines have put up a total of 259 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 13.6 per game), and the Fighting Illini have out-scored opponents by 289 points on the season (12 more per game).
Michigan Betting Information
- Michigan has been good against the spread this season, posting a 15-4 record.
- When favored by at least 8.5 points, the Wolverines have fared well against the spread, putting together a 6-2 record.
- Michigan and its opponents have reached the over/under in just 8 of 19 games this season (42.1%).
Illinois Betting Information
- Illinois has covered the spread in more than half of its contests, going 14-9-1 ATS.
- The Fighting Illini have fared well as an 8.5-point underdog, going 5-4 against the spread when they are at least 8.5-point underdogs.
- The Fighting Illini and their opponents have hit the over in more than half of their matchups this season — 15 of 24 (62.5%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/25/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||64-62 ILL|
|12/11/2019||Illinois||-1.5||144.5||-126||+103||Regular Season||71-62 ILL|
|1/10/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||79-69 MICH|
- The Wolverines leader in points and rebounds is Hunter Dickinson, who scores 14.8 points and grabs 7.8 boards per game.
- Michigan’s best passer is Mike Smith, who averages 5.2 assists per game to go with his 8.7 PPG scoring average.
- Isaiah Livers leads the Wolverines in three-point shooting, making an average of 2.5 shots per game from beyond the arc.
- The Michigan steals leader is Franz Wagner, who averages 1.4 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is Dickinson, who compiles 1.6 rejections per contest.
- Ayo Dosunmu’s points (21.0 per game) and assists (5.3 per game) stat lines give him the top rebounding and assists spots on the Fighting Illini’s leaderboards.
- Illinois’ Kofi Cockburn stats (9.9 rebounds per game, 17.7 points per game, 0.1 assists per game) earned him the top spot on the team rebound leaderboard.
- Trent Frazier’s 2.0 made threes per game lead the Fighting Illini.
- The Fighting Illini’s leader in steals is Frazier with 1.4 per game, and Cockburn is their leader in blocks with 1.3 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED