The No. 7 Michigan Wolverines (11-1) host the Maryland Terrapins (7-6) after winning nine home games in a row. The Wolverines are heavy favorites by 10 points in the matchup, which tips at 7:00 PM ET on Tuesday, January 19, 2021. The over/under for the matchup is set at 140.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Michigan (-10)||Over (140.5)||Michigan 77 Maryland 66|
- The Wolverines and their opponents have combined for 140.5 points — this matchup’s over/under — in seven of 12 opportunities (58.3%) this year.
- Maryland and its opponents have added up to score at least 140.5 points in 46.2% of their matchups this season (six of 13 chances).
- These two teams average a combined 151.6 points per game, 11.1 more points than the total of 140.5 set for this game.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 134.7 points per game, 5.8 less than the over/under in this matchup.
- The Wolverines average point total in matchups this year is 146.5, 6.0 points higher than the over/under in this game.
- The average over/under in Terrapins games this season is 0.7 fewer points than the point total of 140.5 in this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 79.9 points per game the Wolverines record are 11.8 more points than the Terrapins give up (68.1).
- Michigan is 9-0 against the spread and 10-0 overall when scoring more than 68.1 points.
- Maryland has a 0-2 record against the spread and a 0-2 record overall when giving up more than 79.9 points.
- The Terrapins put up 5.1 more points per game (71.7) than the Wolverines allow their opponents to score (66.6).
- When it scores more than 66.6 points, Maryland is 4-0 against the spread and 6-3 overall.
- Michigan’s record is 2-1 overall and 2-1 against the spread when it allows more than 71.7 points to its opponents.
- The Wolverines have scored a total of 160 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 13.3 per game), and the Terrapins have out-scored opponents by 47 points on the season (3.6 more per game).
Michigan Betting Information
- Michigan has been good against the spread this season, posting a 9-3 record.
- The Wolverines have posted a winning record of 4-1 against the spread when the spread is -10 or bigger.
- The Wolverines have combined with their opponents to go above the total in 50% of their games this season (6 of 12 contests).
Maryland Betting Information
- Maryland has covered the spread in fewer than half of its contests, going 5-7 ATS.
- The Terrapins have not fared well as a 10-point underdog, going 1-2 against the spread when they are at least 10-point underdogs.
- In most of Maryland’s games this year, the teams have combined to hit the over (7 out of 12 games, 58.3%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|12/31/2020||Michigan||-2.5||142.5||-151||+124||Regular Season||84-73 MICH|
|3/8/2020||Maryland||-4.5||140||-205||+165||Regular Season||83-70 MARY|
|3/3/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||69-62 MICH|
|2/16/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||65-52 MICH|
- The scoring and rebounding leader for the Wolverines is Hunter Dickinson, who puts up 16.8 points and 7.7 rebounds per game.
- Mike Smith leads Michigan in assists, averaging 5.8 per game while also scoring 8.4 points per contest.
- Isaiah Livers contributes the bulk of the Wolverines’ three-point shooting production. He hits 2.2 threes per game to pace the team.
- Franz Wagner is the Wolverines leader in steals, averaging 1.3 steals per game, while Dickinson leads them in blocks with 1.4 per contest.
- Eric Ayala is at the top of the Terrapins scoring leaderboard with 14.0 points per game. He also collects 3.0 rebounds and dishes out 2.5 assists per game.
- Maryland’s leader in rebounds is Donta Scott with 7.0 per game, and its leader in assists is Aaron Wiggins with 3.1 per game.
- Ayala is the top scorer from distance for the Terrapins, hitting 1.8 threes per game.
- Maryland’s leader in steals is Ayala (1.0 per game), and its leader in blocks is Chol Marial (0.8 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. NC State Wolf Pack: 2/24/2021 Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- Mercer Bears vs. Chattanooga Mocs: 2/24/2021 Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- Seton Hall Pirates vs. Butler Bulldogs: 2/24/2021 Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- Furman Paladins vs. Citadel Bulldogs 2/24/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Mississippi State Bulldogs vs. South Carolina Gamecocks: 2/24/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends