The top-seeded Michigan Wolverines (19-3) are 8.5-point favorites in the Big Ten Tournament quarterfinals against the No. 8 seed Maryland Terrapins (15-12) on Friday at Lucas Oil Stadium. The matchup tips at 11:30 AM ET and airs on BTN, with both teams hoping to move one step closer to an automatic berth in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
- In 14 of 22 opportunities (63.6%) this year, the Wolverines and their opponents have combined for this matchup’s over/under of 133 points.
- In 13 of 27 outings (48.1%) this year, Maryland has combined with its opponents to score more than 133 points.
- These teams average a combined 144.2 points per game, 11.2 more points than the over/under of 133 set for this game.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 3.1 fewer points per game (129.9) than this matchup’s total of 133 points.
- The average total the Wolverines have had set in games this season is 8.8 more points than this outing’s point total.
- Terrapins games this season have averaged a total of 132.4 points, 0.6 less than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Wolverines average 76.5 points per game, 11.8 more points than the 64.7 the Terrapins give up.
- Michigan has an 18-0 record overall and a 16-0 record against the spread when putting up more than 64.7 points.
- When Maryland allows more than 76.5 points, it is 0-3 against the spread and 0-3 overall.
- The Terrapins put up just 2.5 more points per game (67.7) than the Wolverines allow their opponents to score (65.2).
- When it scores more than 65.2 points, Maryland is 9-0 against the spread and 12-3 overall.
- Michigan is 5-4 against the spread and 6-3 overall when it allows its opponents to score more than 67.7 points.
- The Wolverines have out-scored their opponents by a total of 249 points this season (11.3 points per game on average), and the Terrapins have put up 82 more points than their opponents on the year (three per game).
Michigan Betting Information
- The Wolverines have been solid against the spread this season, earning a 16-6 record.
- The Wolverines fare well when favored by at least 8.5 points, posting a 7-3 record against the spread.
- Michigan and its opponents have covered the over/under in just 8 of 22 games this season (36.4%).
Maryland Betting Information
- The Terrapins have an 11-15 record against the spread, covering in only 42.3% of their contests.
- When they are at least 8.5-point underdogs, the Terrapins have gone 3-3 against the spread.
- The Terrapins and their opponents have hit the over in less than half of their games this season — 9 of 26 (34.6%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/19/2021||Michigan||-10.5||141||-630||+453||Regular Season||87-63 MICH|
|12/31/2020||Michigan||-2.5||142.5||-151||+124||Regular Season||84-73 MICH|
|3/8/2020||Maryland||-4.5||140||-205||+165||Regular Season||83-70 MARY|
|3/3/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||69-62 MICH|
|2/16/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||65-52 MICH|
- The Wolverines leader in points and rebounds is Hunter Dickinson, who scores 14.3 points and pulls down 7.7 rebounds per game.
- Michigan’s best passer is Mike Smith, who averages 5.0 assists per game to go with his 8.7 PPG scoring average.
- Isaiah Livers contributes the bulk of the Wolverines’ three-point shooting production. He knocks down 2.3 threes per game to pace the team.
- Franz Wagner is the Wolverines leader in steals, averaging 1.4 steals per game, while Dickinson leads them in blocks with 1.4 per contest.
- Eric Ayala scores 14.7 points per game to be the top scorer for the Terrapins.
- The Maryland leaders in rebounding and assists are Donta Scott with 6.3 rebounds per game (he also adds 11.0 points and 1.9 assists per game) and Darryl Morsell with 2.8 assists per game (he also tacks on 8.7 points and 3.9 rebounds per game).
- Ayala makes 1.9 three-pointers per game, the most on the Terrapins.
- The Terrapins’ leader in steals is Ayala with 1.2 per game, and Scott is their leader in blocks with 0.8 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED