The Michigan State Spartans (14-11) are heavy underdogs (by 11.5 points) to extend a three-game home winning streak when they host the No. 2 Michigan Wolverines (19-2) on Sunday, March 7, 2021 at 12:00 AM ET. The matchup’s over/under is set at 136.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Michigan State (+11.5)||Over (136.5)||Michigan 76 Michigan State 66|
- In 52.4% of their opportunities this year (11 of 21 chances), the Wolverines and their opponents have put up more than this matchup’s over/under of 136.5 points.
- Michigan State and its opponents have added up to score more than 136.5 points in 68% of their games this year (17 of 25 opportunities).
- These teams average a combined 146.6 points per game, 10.1 more points than the total of 136.5 set for this game.
- The Wolverines and the Spartans have seen their opponents average a combined 0.6 less points per game than the over/under of 136.5 set for this outing.
- The average total the Wolverines have had set in games this season is 5.6 more points than this outing’s point total.
- The average over/under for Spartans games this year is 3.9 more points than the point total of 136.5 in this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Wolverines record 77.1 points per game, 6.2 more points than the 70.9 the Spartans allow.
- Michigan has a 13-0 record against the spread and a 15-0 record overall when scoring more than 70.9 points.
- Michigan State has a 1-6 record against the spread and a 1-6 record overall when allowing more than 77.1 points.
- The Spartans put up just 4.5 more points per game (69.5) than the Wolverines allow their opponents to score (65).
- Michigan State has gone 12-4 overall and 7-0 against the spread in games it scores more than 65 points.
- Michigan has an ATS record of 4-3 and a 5-2 record overall when its opponents score more than 69.5 points.
- The Wolverines have totaled 255 more points than their opponents this season (12.1 per game on average), while the Spartans have been out-scored by 36 total points (1.4 per game average differential).
Michigan Betting Information
- Against the spread, Michigan has been strong this season, posting a 16-5 record.
- The Wolverines fare well when favored by at least 11.5 points, posting a 5-1 record against the spread.
- Michigan has more often than not combined with its adversaries to fall short of the total, doing so 8 times in 21 contests (38.1%).
Michigan State Betting Information
- Michigan State has a losing record against the spread, going 8-17 ATS (covering only 32% of the time).
- The Spartans have not fared well as an 11.5-point underdog, going 0-5 against the spread when they are at least 11.5-point underdogs.
- The Spartans and their opponents have hit the over in fewer than half of their matchups this year — 10 of 25 (40%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/4/2021||Michigan||-11.5||139.5||-710||+498||Regular Season||69-50 MICH|
|2/8/2020||Michigan State||-2||142.5||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||77-68 MICH|
|1/5/2020||Michigan State||-9||145||-478||+346||Regular Season||87-69 MSU|
|3/9/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||75-63 MSU|
|2/24/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||77-70 MSU|
- Hunter Dickinson leads the Wolverines in scoring and rebounding, tallying 14.4 points and 7.8 boards per game.
- Mike Smith leads Michigan in assists, averaging 5.0 per game while also scoring 8.6 points per contest.
- Isaiah Livers provides the bulk of the Wolverines’ three-point shooting production. He knocks down 2.3 threes per game to pace the team.
- Franz Wagner is Michigan’s leader in steals, averaging 1.3 steals per game, while Dickinson leads them in blocks with 1.5 per contest.
Michigan State Leaders
- The Spartans’ Aaron Henry puts up enough points (15.4 per game) and assists (3.5 per game) to sit atop the squad’s leaderboards.
- Michigan State’s Joey Hauser stats (5.9 rebounds per game, 9.9 points per game, 1.6 assists per game) earned him the top spot on the team rebound leaderboard.
- Gabe Brown leads his teammates on the Spartans with 1.5 made threes per game.
- The Spartans’ leader in steals is Henry with 1.3 per game, and Marcus Bingham Jr. is their leader in blocks with 1.4 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED