The No. 10 Michigan Wolverines (9-0) will try to continue a nine-game winning streak when they host the No. 16 Minnesota Golden Gophers (10-2) on Wednesday, January 6, 2021 at Crisler Center as 7-point favorites. The matchup airs at 8:30 PM ET on BTN. The matchup has an over/under set at 152 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Minnesota (+7)||Over (152)||Michigan 79 Minnesota 73|
- The Wolverines and their opponents have scored at least 152 points — this matchup’s over/under — in nine of nine outings (100%) this year.
- Minnesota and its opponents have added up to score more than 152 points in 50% of their games this season (six of 12 chances).
- The Wolverines and the Golden Gophers combine to average 12.2 more points per game than the over/under of 152 set for this game.
- The Wolverines and the Golden Gophers have seen their opponents average a combined 11.4 fewer points per game than the point total of 152 set for this game.
- The average point total for Wolverines games this season is 1.3 fewer points than the over/under of 152 in this matchup.
- Golden Gophers games this season have averaged a total of 154.1 points, 2.1 more than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Wolverines average 10.1 more points per game (82.6) than the Golden Gophers allow (72.5).
- When Michigan puts up more than 72.5 points, it is 8-0 overall and 7-0 against the spread.
- Minnesota has compiled a 1-1 record against the spread and a 1-1 record overall when giving up more than 82.6 points.
- The Golden Gophers score 13.5 more points per game (81.6) than the Wolverines allow (68.1).
- Minnesota is 6-0-1 against the spread and 9-0 overall when it scores more than 68.1 points.
- Michigan’s record is 1-0 against the spread and 1-0 overall when it allows more than 81.6 points.
- The Wolverines have scored a total of 130 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 14.5 per game), and the Golden Gophers have out-scored opponents by 109 points on the season (9.1 more per game).
Michigan Betting Information
- Strong against this spread this season, the Wolverines have covered seven times in nine contests.
- When favored by at least 7 points, the Wolverines have fared well against the spread, compiling a 6-2 record.
- Michigan has been reliable for the over this season, combining with opponents to hit the total in 6 of 9 games for a 66.7% rate.
Minnesota Betting Information
- Minnesota has covered the spread in greater than half of its outings, going 6-4-1 ATS.
- The Golden Gophers have gone 2-2-1 against the spread when they are at least a 7-point underdog.
- Minnesota has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 63.6% of matchups this season (7 out of 11 chances).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/12/2020||Minnesota||-2||139||-136||113||Regular Season||75-67 MINN|
|2/21/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||69-60 MICH|
|1/22/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||59-57 MICH|
- Hunter Dickinson leads the Wolverines in scoring and rebounding, tallying 16.9 points and 8.1 boards per game.
- Mike Smith leads Michigan in assists, averaging 5.2 per game while also scoring 8.7 points per contest.
- Isaiah Livers leads his teammates on the Wolverines with 2.1 made threes per outing.
- Franz Wagner is the Wolverines leader in steals, averaging 1.1 steals per game, while Dickinson leads them in blocks with 1.6 per contest.
- The Golden Gophers’ Marcus Carr racks up enough points (22.1 per game) and assists (5.9 per game) to top the squad’s leaderboards.
- Liam Robbins is at the top of the Minnesota rebounding leaderboard with 7.6 rebounds per game. He also scores 14.2 points and tacks on 1.0 assist per game.
- Carr provides the bulk of the Golden Gophers’ three-point shooting production. He makes 2.3 threes per game to pace the team.
- The Golden Gophers’ leader in steals is Jarvis Omersa with 1.3 per game, and Robbins is their leader in blocks with 2.8 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found