The Purdue Boilermakers (11-5) are underdogs (+3.5) as they attempt to extend a four-game win streak when they host the No. 7 Michigan Wolverines (12-1) at 7:00 PM ET on Friday, January 22, 2021 at Mackey Arena. The matchup airs on FS1. The matchup has a point total of 138.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Michigan (-3.5)||Over (138)||Michigan 74 Purdue 69|
- In 10 of 13 outings (76.9%) this year, the Wolverines and their opponents have put up at least this matchup’s over/under of 138 points.
- In nine of 16 games (56.2%) this year, Purdue has combined with its opponents to score more than 138 points.
- The Wolverines and the Boilermakers combine to average 13.9 more points per game than the over/under of 138 set for this game.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 133 points per game, five fewer than the over/under in this game.
- The Wolverines average point total in outings this season is 146.8, 8.8 points higher than the over/under in this game.
- The average total for Boilermakers games this season is 0.1 more points than the point total of 138 in this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Wolverines score 13.8 more points per game (80.5) than the Boilermakers allow (66.7).
- Michigan has an 11-0 record overall and a 10-0 record against the spread when scoring more than 66.7 points.
- Purdue is 0-2 overall and 0-2 against the spread in games when it gives up more than 80.5 points.
- The Boilermakers’ 71.4 points per game are 5.1 more points than the 66.3 the Wolverines allow to opponents.
- When it scores more than 66.3 points, Purdue is 7-0 against the spread and 10-2 overall.
- Michigan has a 2-1 record overall and an ATS record of 2-1 in games when its opponents put up more than 71.4 points.
- The Wolverines have out-scored their opponents by a total of 184 points this season (14.2 points per game on average), and the Boilermakers have put up 75 more points than their opponents on the year (4.7 per game).
Michigan Betting Information
- Michigan has been good against the spread this season, posting a 10-3 record.
- The Wolverines have posted a winning record of 8-3 against the spread when the spread is -3.5 or bigger.
- The Wolverines and their opponents have gone over the total in 7 of 13 games (53.8%) this season.
Purdue Betting Information
- Purdue has an 8-6-1 record against the spread, covering in 53.3% of their matchups.
- The Boilermakers have fared well as a 3.5-point underdog, going 5-2 against the spread when they are at least 3.5-point underdogs.
- In most of Purdue’s games this season, the teams have combined to hit the over (9 out of 15 games, 60%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/22/2020||Purdue||-3||133.5||-161||+129||Regular Season||71-63 MICH|
|1/9/2020||Michigan||-5.5||130||-246||+198||Regular Season||84-78 MICH|
|12/1/2018||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||76-57 MICH|
- The Wolverines leader in points and rebounds is Hunter Dickinson, who scores 15.7 points and grabs 7.5 rebounds per game.
- Mike Smith leads the Wolverines in assists, averaging 5.8 per game while also scoring 8.6 points per contest.
- Isaiah Livers provides the bulk of the Wolverines’ three-point shooting production. He hits 2.3 threes per game to pace the squad.
- Franz Wagner is Michigan’s leader in steals, averaging 1.3 steals per game, while Dickinson leads them in blocks with 1.5 per contest.
- Trevion Williams averages 15.4 points and 9.5 rebounds per game for the Boilermakers, enough to make him the leading scorer and rebounder on the squad.
- Purdue’s assist leader is Eric Hunter Jr. with 3.3 per game. He also records 10.5 points per game and grabs 2.8 rebounds per game.
- Sasha Stefanovic makes 2.6 three-pointers per game, the most on the Boilermakers.
- Hunter (1.0 steal per game) and Zach Edey (0.9 blocks per game) lead the Boilermakers in steals and blocks, respectively.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED