The South Carolina Gamecocks (5-11) will attempt to break a five-game losing streak when they hit the road to play the Mississippi State Bulldogs (12-11) on Wednesday, February 24, 2021 at Humphrey Coliseum as 5.5-point underdogs. The matchup airs at 7:00 PM ET on SECN. The over/under in the matchup is 146.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Mississippi State (-5.5)||Under (146)||Mississippi State 76 South Carolina 69|
- The Bulldogs and their opponents have combined to record more than 146 points in 39.1% of their outings this year (nine of 23 opportunities).
- South Carolina has combined with its opponents to score more than 146 points in nine of 16 outings (56.2%) this season.
- The Bulldogs and the Gamecocks combine to average 1.7 less points per game than the total of 146 set for this matchup.
- The Bulldogs and the Gamecocks have seen their opponents average a combined 1.2 less points per game than the point total of 146 set for this game.
- The Bulldogs average point total in outings this year is 136.5, 9.5 points below the total in this game.
- The average over/under for Gamecocks games this year is 6.6 more points than the point total of 146 for this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 70.1 points per game the Bulldogs average are 8.3 fewer points than the Gamecocks give up (78.4).
- When Mississippi State puts up more than 78.4 points, it is 6-2 overall and 4-0 against the spread.
- South Carolina is 1-11 overall and 2-10 against the spread in games when it allows more than 70.1 points.
- The Gamecocks average 7.8 more points per game (74.2) than the Bulldogs give up (66.4).
- South Carolina has compiled a 5-9 overall record and a 6-0 ATS record in games it scores more than 66.4 points.
- Mississippi State’s record is 1-5 overall and 1-5 against the spread when it allows more than 74.2 points to its opponents.
- The Bulldogs have scored a total of 86 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 3.7 per game), while the Gamecocks have been out-scored by opponents on average this year (by 66 total points, -4.2 per game).
Mississippi State Betting Information
- The Bulldogs have gone 11-11 against the spread this season.
- The Bulldogs have posted a winning record of 4-3 against the spread when the spread is -5.5 or higher.
- Bulldogs games have played to the total or above 11 times in 22 games this season.
South Carolina Betting Information
- South Carolina has a losing record against the spread, going 6-10 ATS (covering just 37.5% of the time).
- When they are at least 5.5-point underdogs, the Gamecocks have a record ATS of 0-2.
- In most of South Carolina’s games this year, the teams have combined to hit the over (11 out of 16 games, 68.8%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/6/2021||South Carolina||-3||142||-156||+129||Regular Season||75-59 MSSTATE|
|3/3/2020||South Carolina||-2||146.5||-136||+112||Regular Season||83-71 SC|
|2/19/2020||Mississippi State||-5.5||144||-244||+193||Regular Season||79-76 MSSTATE|
|2/23/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||76-61 MSSTATE|
|1/8/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||87-82 SC|
Mississippi State Leaders
- Iverson Molinar leads the Bulldogs in scoring, tallying 16.9 points per game to go with 3.9 rebounds and 2.8 assists.
- Tolu Smith is the Bulldogs leading rebounder, grabbing 8.2 per game, while Deivon Smith is their best passer, distributing 2.9 assists in each contest.
- D.J. Stewart leads his teammates on the Bulldogs with 1.6 made threes per game.
- Stewart is Mississippi State’s leader in steals, averaging 1.4 steals per game, while Abdul Ado leads them in blocks with 1.7 per contest.
South Carolina Leaders
- A.J. Lawson is the top scorer for the Gamecocks with 18.3 points per game. He also adds 4.3 rebounds and 1.4 assists per game to his scoring output.
- The South Carolina leaders in rebounding and assists are Justin Minaya with 6.7 rebounds per game (he also adds 7.9 points and 1.8 assists per game) and Jermaine Couisnard with 3.6 assists per game (he also tacks on 9.7 points and 3.0 rebounds per game).
- Lawson provides the most three-point shooting production for the Gamecocks. He makes 3.1 threes per game.
- South Carolina’s leader in steals is Lawson with 1.5 per game, and its leader in blocks is Jalyn McCreary with 1.3 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED