The Vanderbilt Commodores (5-10) are 7.5-point underdogs as they attempt to stop a five-game road slide when they take on the Mississippi State Bulldogs (11-10) on Saturday, February 13, 2021 at Humphrey Coliseum. The game airs at 1:00 PM ET on SECN. The matchup has an over/under of 140.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Mississippi State (-7.5)||Over (140)||Mississippi State 76 Vanderbilt 66|
- In 12 of 21 games (57.1%) this year, the Bulldogs and their opponents have scored no less than this matchup’s over/under of 140 points.
- Vanderbilt has combined with its opponents to score at least 140 points in 13 of 15 opportunities (86.7%) this year.
- The two teams average a combined 4.5 more points per game (144.5) than this game’s total of 140 points.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 0.9 more points per game (140.9) than this game’s total of 140 points.
- The Bulldogs average point total in outings this year is 137.9, 2.1 points less than the total in this game.
- The average total in Commodores games this year is 7.5 more points than the point total of 140 in this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Bulldogs put up just 3.1 fewer points per game (71.2) than the Commodores give up (74.3).
- When Mississippi State puts up more than 74.3 points, it is 8-2 overall and 6-0 against the spread.
- When Vanderbilt allows more than 71.2 points, it is 6-5 against the spread and 1-10 overall.
- The Commodores score an average of 73.3 points per game, 6.7 more points than the 66.6 the Bulldogs allow.
- Vanderbilt is 8-0-1 against the spread and 4-8 overall when it scores more than 66.6 points.
- Mississippi State has an ATS record of 1-5 and a 1-5 record overall when its opponents score more than 73.3 points.
- The Bulldogs have out-scored their opponents by a total of 97 points this season (4.6 points per game on average), and opponents of the Commodores have out-scored them by just 15 more points on the year (one per game).
Mississippi State Betting Information
- Mississippi State been consistently inconsistent against the spread this season, posting a 10-10 record.
- When favored by at least 7.5 points, the Bulldogs have fared well against the spread, compiling a 3-1 record.
- The Bulldogs and their opponents have gone over the total in 11 of 20 games (55%) this season.
Vanderbilt Betting Information
- The Commodores have a winning record against the spread, going 8-6-1 ATS (covering 53.3% of the time).
- The Commodores have fared well as an 7.5-point underdog, going 2-1 against the spread when they are at least 7.5-point underdogs.
- The Commodores and their opponents have hit the over in more than half of their matchups this year — 9 of 15 (60%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/9/2021||Mississippi State||-3.5||137.5||-181||+148||Regular Season||84-81 MSSTATE|
|2/8/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||80-70 MSSTATE|
|1/19/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||71-55 MSSTATE|
Mississippi State Leaders
- The scoring leader for the Bulldogs this season is D.J. Stewart, who averages 17.0 points, 3.2 rebounds, and 2.5 assists per game.
- Tolu Smith leads the Bulldogs in rebounding, averaging 8.4 per game, while Iverson Molinar leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 3.0 in each contest.
- Stewart makes more threes per game than any other member of the Bulldogs, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 1.6 per contest.
- Stewart and Abdul Ado lead the Bulldogs on the defensive end, with Stewart leading the team in steals averaging 1.3 per game and Ado in blocks averaging 1.7 per contest.
- The Commodores’ Scotty Pippen Jr. racks up enough points (20.4 per game) and assists (5.1 per game) to top the team’s leaderboards.
- Vanderbilt’s Dylan Disu stats (8.3 rebounds per game, 14.4 points per game, 1.4 assists per game) earned him the top spot on the team rebound leaderboard.
- Pippen makes more threes per game than any other member of the Commodores, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a rate of 1.9 per game.
- Vanderbilt’s leader in steals is Pippen (1.6 per game), and its leader in blocks is Disu (1.3 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED