The No. 2 seed Monmouth Hawks (12-7) are 7.5-point favorites in the MAAC Tournament quarterfinals when they play the No. 7 seed Fairfield Stags (8-16) on Wednesday at Boardwalk Hall, beginning at 7:30 PM ET on ESPN+. Both teams hope to move one step closer to an automatic berth in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
- In 13 of 19 games (68.4%) this season, the Hawks and their opponents have scored at least this matchup’s point total of 143.5 points.
- Fairfield has played in four games this season (out of 24 total matchups — 16.7% of opportunities) where they combined with their opponents to score more than 143.5 points.
- The Hawks and the Stags combine to average 4.7 fewer points per game than the over/under of 143.5 set for this game.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 142.1 points per game, 1.4 less than the over/under in this matchup.
- The average point total in Hawks games this season is 7.4 more points than the total of 143.5 in this matchup.
- Stags games this season have averaged a total of 130 points, 13.5 fewer than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Hawks record 76.9 points per game, 8.9 more points than the 68 the Stags give up.
- When Monmouth totals more than 68 points, it is 9-0-1 against the spread and 11-5 overall.
- Fairfield is 0-4 against the spread and 0-4 overall when allowing more than 76.9 points.
- The Stags put up an average of 61.9 points per game, 12.2 fewer points than the 74.1 the Hawks allow.
- Fairfield is 2-0 overall and 2-0 against the spread in games it scores more than 74.1 points.
- Monmouth is 9-9-1 against the spread and 12-7 overall when it allows its opponents to put up more than 61.9 points.
- The Hawks have out-scored their opponents by a total of 54 points this season (2.8 points per game on average), and opponents of the Stags have out-scored them by 147 more points on the year (6.1 per game).
Monmouth Betting Information
- The Hawks have been an even bet against the spread this season at 9-9-1.
- When favored by at least 7.5 points, the Hawks have fared well against the spread, compiling a 3-1 record.
- In 10 of 19 (52.6%) contests this season, Monmouth and its opponents have hit the total.
Fairfield Betting Information
- Fairfield has covered the spread in fewer than half of its games, going 10-13 ATS.
- The Stags and their opponents have hit the over in more than half of their matchups this season — 12 of 23 (52.2%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/4/2020||Monmouth||-8||131||-400||+310||Regular Season||69-45 MONM|
|2/4/2020||Monmouth||-0.5||132.5||-113||-107||Regular Season||55-53 FAIR|
|2/9/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||61-49 MONM|
|1/17/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||74-57 MONM|
- Deion Hammond leads the Hawks in scoring, tallying 17.2 points per game to go with 3.8 rebounds and 1.7 assists.
- Melik Martin is Monmouth’s leading rebounder, pulling down 5.8 per game, while Samuel Chaput is its best passer, distributing 2.9 assists in each contest.
- George Papas contributes the most three-point shooting production for the Hawks. He makes 2.4 threes per game.
- Myles Ruth is the Hawks leader in steals, averaging 1.7 steals per game, while Nikkei Rutty leads them in blocks with 0.8 per contest.
- Jake Wojcik is at the top of the Stags scoring leaderboard with 13.7 points per game. He also collects 2.9 rebounds and averages 2.1 assists per game.
- The Stags’ leader in rebounds is Chris Maidoh with 5.5 per contest, and their leader in assists is Caleb Green with 2.8 per game.
- Wojcik is reliable from three-point range and leads the Stags with 1.9 made threes per game.
- Jesus Cruz (1.2 steals per game) and Maidoh (0.6 blocks per game) lead the Stags in steals and blocks, respectively.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED