The Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles (0-9) are 4.5-point underdogs as they try to break a nine-game losing streak when they visit the Morehead State Eagles (4-6) on Thursday, January 7, 2021 at Ellis T. Johnson Arena. The contest airs at 7:00 PM ET on ESPN+. The matchup has an over/under of 133.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Morehead State (-4.5)||Over (133.5)||Morehead State 71 Tennessee Tech 64|
- The Eagles and their opponents have combined to score more than 133.5 points in 50% of their games this year (five of 10 opportunities).
- Tennessee Tech has played in six games this season (out of nine total matchups — 66.7% of opportunities) where they combined with their opponents to score more than 133.5 points.
- The two teams average a combined 10.2 less points per game (123.3) than this game’s total of 133.5 points.
- The Eagles and the Golden Eagles have seen their opponents average a combined 14.2 more points per game than the point total of 133.5 set in this matchup.
- The average total the Eagles have had set in matchups this year is 1.7 fewer points than this outing’s point total.
- The average point total for the Golden Eagles this season is 5.7 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Morehead State Betting Information
- Morehead State has been good against the spread this season, posting a 5-3 record.
- The Eagles have struggled to cover, going just 0-1 ATS when favored by at least 4.5 points.
- Morehead State and its opponents have covered the over/under in just 1 of 8 games this season (12.5%).
Tennessee Tech Betting Information
- Tennessee Tech has failed to cover the spread in more than half of its contests, going 3-6 ATS.
- In the majority of Golden Eagles games this year, the teams have combined to hit the over (6 out of 9 games, 66.7%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/23/2020||Morehead State||-3||136.5||-162||+131||Regular Season||71-59 TNTECH|
|1/4/2020||Morehead State||-8||130.5||-400||+307||Regular Season||83-72 MHST|
|2/23/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||66-63 MHST|
|1/24/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||67-61 MHST|
Morehead State Leaders
- The scoring and rebounding leader for the Eagles is Johni Broome, who accumulates 10.8 points and 7.2 rebounds per game.
- Ta’Lon Cooper leads the Eagles in assists, averaging 3.6 per game while also scoring 7.0 points per contest.
- Skyelar Potter makes more threes per game than any other member of the Eagles, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 2.1 per game.
- Cooper is Morehead State’s leader in steals, averaging 0.8 steals per game, while Broome leads them in blocks with 1.5 per contest.
Tennessee Tech Leaders
- Jr. Clay sits at the top of the Golden Eagles scoring leaderboard with 15.5 points per game. He also collects 2.4 rebounds and dishes out 3.5 assists per game.
- Tennessee Tech’s leader in rebounds is Amadou Sylla with 6.0 per game, and its leader in assists is Keishawn Davidson with 3.5 per game.
- Clay contributes the bulk of the Golden Eagles’ three-point shooting production. He connects on 2.4 threes per game to pace the team.
- The Golden Eagles’ leader in steals is Clay with 2.4 per game, and Sylla is their leader in blocks with 0.5 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found