The MEAC conference tournament continues Friday as the No. 3 seed Morgan State Bears (13-7) face off against the No. 1 seed Coppin State Eagles (9-12) at Norfolk Scope Arena, starting at 6:00 PM ET. Morgan State is a 4-point favorite to move one step closer to an automatic berth in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
- The Bears and their opponents have combined to put up more than 154 points in 50% of their games this year (10 of 20 opportunities).
- Coppin State and its opponents have combined to score at least 154 points in 12 of 21 outings (57.1%) this season.
- The Bears and the Eagles combine to average 0.2 fewer points per game than the over/under of 154 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 152.7 points per game, 1.3 less than the point total in this game.
- The average total the Bears have had set in matchups this season is 0.2 more points than this outing’s point total.
- The average over/under in Eagles games this year is 1.7 less points than the point total of 154 for this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 80.5 points the Bears put up per game are only 1.5 more points than the Eagles allow (79).
- When Morgan State puts up more than 79 points, it is 6-0 against the spread and 9-2 overall.
- Coppin State is 0-7 overall and 1-6 against the spread in games when it gives up more than 80.5 points.
- The Eagles average only 0.4 fewer points than the Bears give up (73.7).
- Coppin State has put together a 9-2 overall record and an 8-0 ATS record in games it scores more than 73.7 points.
- Morgan State is 3-6 against the spread and 6-4 overall when it allows more than 73.3 points.
- The Bears have put up a total of 136 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 6.8 per game), while the Eagles have been out-scored by opponents on average this year (by 119 total points, -5.7 per game).
Morgan State Betting Information
- Morgan State been consistently inconsistent against the spread this season, earning an 8-8 record.
- When favored by at least 4 points, the Bears have struggled to a 3-5 record ATS this season.
- The Bears and their opponents have gone over the total in 11 of 16 games (68.8%) this season.
Coppin State Betting Information
- Coppin State has failed to cover the spread in more than half of its contests, going 10-11 ATS.
- When they are at least 4-point underdogs, the Eagles have a record ATS of 2-2.
- In the majority of Coppin State’s games this year, the teams have combined to hit the over (14 out of 21 games, 66.7%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/2/2021||Morgan State||-2||160||-138||+114||Regular Season||95-82 MORGST|
|1/30/2021||Morgan State||-3.5||159||-164||+135||Regular Season||79-76 MORGST|
|1/17/2021||Morgan State||-8.5||153||-420||+321||Regular Season||89-79 COPPST|
|1/16/2021||Morgan State||-7.5||152||-345||+270||Regular Season||92-72 MORGST|
|2/29/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||72-65 COPPST|
|1/25/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||50-48 MORGST|
|3/7/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||83-69 COPPST|
|2/2/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||73-71 COPPST|
Morgan State Leaders
- The Bears scoring leader is Troy Baxter, who averages 16.6 per contest to go with 4.6 rebounds and 1.1 assists.
- Morgan State’s leading rebounder is Malik Miller averaging 7.9 boards per game and its best passer is Sheryn Devonish and his 3.7 assists per game.
- De’Torrion Ware’s 2.4 threes per game leads the Bears.
- Miller and Baxter lead Morgan State on the defensive end, with Miller leading the team in steals averaging 2.0 per game and Baxter in blocks averaging 1.7 per contest.
Coppin State Leaders
- Anthony Tarke puts up 16.4 points and 8.3 rebounds per game for the Eagles, making him the leading scorer and rebounder on the team.
- Dejuan Clayton dishes out 5.0 assists per game, the most assists on the Eagles.
- Kyle Cardaci averages 2.6 three-pointers per game, the most on the Eagles.
- Tarke leads the Eagles defensively with 2.7 steals and 1.9 blocks per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED