The Mount St. Mary’s Mountaineers (5-3) are favored (-4.5) to continue a four-game winning streak when they visit the Central Connecticut State Blue Devils (2-7) at 4:00 PM ET on Friday, January 22, 2021 at William H. Detrick Gymnasium. The matchup has an over/under of 134.5 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Mount St. Mary’s||-4.5||-112||-109||134.5||-108||-113||-205||165|
|Cent. Conn. St. (+4.5)||Over (134.5)||Mount St. Mary’s 71 Cent. Conn. St. 67|
- The Mountaineers and their opponents have totaled at least 134.5 points — this matchup’s over/under — in two of eight games (25%) this year.
- Cent. Conn. St. has combined with its opponents to score more than 134.5 points in seven of nine outings (77.8%) this season.
- The Mountaineers and the Blue Devils combine to average 0.2 less points per game than the total of 134.5 set for this game.
- The Mountaineers and the Blue Devils have seen their opponents average a combined 5.5 more points per game than the point total of 134.5 set in this matchup.
- The average total the Mountaineers have had set in matchups this year is 9.0 fewer points than this outing’s point total.
- The average over/under for Blue Devils games this year is 14.4 more points than the point total of 134.5 in this outing.
Mount St. Mary’s Betting Information
- Strong against this spread this season, the Mountaineers have covered six times in eight contests.
- When favored by at least 4.5 points, the Mountaineers have fared well against the spread, putting together a 1-0 record.
- Mount St. Mary’s and its opponents have converted the over just 3 times in 8 (37.5%) games this season.
Cent. Conn. St. Betting Information
- Cent. Conn. St. has a losing record against the spread, going 2-5 ATS (covering only 28.6% of the time).
- Cent. Conn. St. has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 42.9% of matchups this year (3 out of 7 opportunities).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/21/2021||Mount St. Mary’s||-5.5||132.5||-244||+197||Regular Season||67-57 MSMU|
|1/18/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||79-52 MSMU|
|2/21/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||79-66 MSMU|
|1/12/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||77-68 CENCON|
Mount St. Mary’s Leaders
- The Mountaineers scoring leader is Jalen Gibbs, who averages 16.5 per contest to go with 4.8 rebounds and 1.8 assists.
- Malik Jefferson leads the Mountaineers in rebounding, averaging 6.7 per game, while Damian Chong Qui leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 4.9 in each contest.
- Gibbs leads his teammates on the Mountaineers with 2.8 made threes per contest.
- Mezie Offurum and Nana Opoku lead the Mountaineers on the defensive end, with Offurum leading the team in steals averaging 1.6 per game and Opoku in blocks averaging 2.1 per contest.
Cent. Conn. St. Leaders
- Greg Outlaw sits atop the Blue Devils leaderboards for both scoring and rebounding with 11.8 points and 5.1 rebounds per game.
- The Blue Devils’ leading assist machine is Nigel Scantlebury with a stat line of 4.4 assists, 8.7 points, and 2.6 rebounds per game.
- Tre Mitchell provides the most three-point shooting production for the Blue Devils. He makes 1.7 threes per game.
- Cent. Conn. St.’s leader in steals is Outlaw with 1.4 per game, and its leader in blocks is Karrington Wallace with 1.4 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Auburn Tigers vs. Mississippi State Bulldogs: 3/6/2021 Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- Loyola Chicago Ramblers vs. Indiana State Sycamores 3/6/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Boston University Terriers: 3/6/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Utah Utes vs. Arizona State Sun Devils 3/6/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Weber State Wildcats vs. Northern Colorado Bears: 3/6/2021 Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends