The Mount St. Mary’s Mountaineers (6-5) host the Long Island Sharks (5-5) in a matchup of NEC teams at Knott Arena, beginning at 7:00 PM ET on Thursday, February 11, 2021. The Mountaineers are 3.5-point favorites in the game, the first matchup between the teams this season. The over/under in the matchup is 136.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Mount St. Mary’s||-3.5||-113||-109||136.5||-108||-113||-175||140|
|LIU (+3.5)||Over (136.5)||Mount St. Mary’s 70 LIU 68|
- In 27.3% of their games this year (three of 11 chances), the Mountaineers and their opponents have combined to record more than this matchup’s point total of 136.5 points.
- LIU and its opponents have combined to score more than 136.5 points in 80% of their matchups this season (eight of 10 opportunities).
- The two teams average a combined 5.1 more points per game (141.6) than this game’s total of 136.5 points.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 136.5 points per game, the same as this matchup’s over/under of 136.5 points.
- The average point total for Mountaineers games this year is 10.0 fewer points than the over/under of 136.5 in this matchup.
- The average over/under for Sharks games this season is 15.1 more points than the point total of 136.5 for this outing.
Mount St. Mary’s Betting Information
- Mount St. Mary’s is good against the spread, going 7-4 this season.
- The Mountaineers have posted a winning record of 3-2 against the spread when the spread is -3.5 or higher.
- Mount St. Mary’s has more often than not combined with its adversaries to fall short of the total, doing so 4 times in 11 contests (36.4%).
LIU Betting Information
- The Sharks have a losing record against the spread, going 4-5 ATS (covering only 44.4% of the time).
- When they are at least 3.5-point underdogs, the Sharks have not fared well, going 2-4 against the spread.
- In the majority of LIU’s games this year, the teams have combined to hit the over (5 out of 9 games, 55.6%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/6/2020||LIU||-4||137||-192||+152||Regular Season||67-63 MSMU|
|1/4/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||82-73 MSMU|
|2/7/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||77-62 LIUB|
|1/24/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||74-72 MSMU|
Mount St. Mary’s Leaders
- The Mountaineers leader in points and assists is Damian Chong Qui, who puts up 15.8 points per game to go with 5.3 assists.
- Malik Jefferson leads the Mountaineers in rebounding, pulling down 7.8 boards per game while also scoring 8.9 points a contest.
- Josh Reaves contributes the most three-point shooting production for the Mountaineers. He makes 1.8 threes per game.
- The Mount St. Mary’s steals leader is Mezie Offurum, who averages 1.6 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is Nana Opoku, who compiles 2.4 rejections per contest.
- Eral Penn collects 18.3 points and 10.3 rebounds per game for the Sharks, enough to make him the leading scorer and rebounder on the squad.
- Jermaine Jackson Jr.’s assist statline paces LIU; he dishes out 3.8 assists per game.
- Reaves paces his teammates on the Sharks with 2.2 made threes per outing.
- Penn is at the top of the LIU steals and blocks leaderboards with 2.3 steals per game and 1.8 blocks per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Loyola Chicago Ramblers vs. Indiana State Sycamores 3/6/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Boston University Terriers: 3/6/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Utah Utes vs. Arizona State Sun Devils 3/6/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Weber State Wildcats vs. Northern Colorado Bears: 3/6/2021 Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Purdue Boilermakers vs. Indiana Hoosiers: 3/6/2021 Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends