Chico Carter JR leads the Murray State Racers (13-12) into a matchup with the Jacksonville State Gamecocks (17-8) after putting up 27 points in a 71-61 loss to Tennessee Tech. The Racers are 1.5-point favorites in the game on Thursday, March 4, 2021, which tips off at 8:00 PM ET on ESPN+. The matchup has a point total of 139.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Jacksonville State (+1.5)||Over (139.5)||Murray State 71 Jacksonville State 70|
- In 12 of 25 outings (48%) this season, the Racers and their opponents have combined for this matchup’s over/under of 139.5 points.
- Jacksonville State has combined with its opponents to score at least 139.5 points in 17 of 25 outings (68%) this year.
- These two teams average a combined 151.5 points per game, 12.0 more points than the over/under of 139.5 set for this game.
- The Racers and the Gamecocks have seen their opponents average a combined 4.1 less points per game than the over/under of 139.5 set for this game.
- The average point total in Racers games this year is 4.2 more points than the total of 139.5 in this matchup.
- The average point total for the Gamecocks this season is 3.8 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Racers put up 8.2 more points per game (76.8) than the Gamecocks give up (68.6).
- When Murray State scores more than 68.6 points, it is 10-0 against the spread and 13-4 overall.
- In games when Jacksonville State gives up more than 76.8 points, it is 1-4 against the spread and 1-4 overall.
- The Gamecocks’ 74.7 points per game are 7.9 more points than the 66.8 the Racers give up.
- Jacksonville State has put together a 14-3 overall record and a 10-0 ATS record in games it scores more than 66.8 points.
- Murray State’s record is 1-3 overall and 0-3 against the spread when it allows more than 74.7 points to its opponents.
- The Racers have out-scored their opponents by a total of 250 points this season (10 points per game on average), and the Gamecocks have put up 154 more points than their opponents on the year (6.1 per game).
Murray State Betting Information
- Murray State has covered in just 10 of 23 matchups this season.
- When favored by at least 1.5 points, the Racers have struggled to a 9-12 record ATS this season.
- The Racers have typically run under the total this season, reaching the over/under in 10 of 23 games (43.5%).
Jacksonville State Betting Information
- Jacksonville State has a 13-8-1 record against the spread, covering in 59.1% of their matchups.
- When they are at least 1.5-point underdogs, the Gamecocks have a record ATS of 7-6.
- Jacksonville State and its opponents have hit the over in more than half of their games this season — 13 of 22 (59.1%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/25/2021||Murray State||-3.5||138||-175||+143||Regular Season||87-74 JSU|
|1/21/2021||Murray State||-7.5||134||-343||+270||Regular Season||85-82 JSU|
|1/9/2020||Murray State||-5||136||-225||+179||Regular Season||72-68 MURST|
|1/31/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||88-68 JSU|
Murray State Leaders
- The Racers leader in points and rebounds is KJ Williams, who scores 15.3 points and grabs 8.4 boards per game.
- Tevin Brown leads the Racers in assists, averaging 4.4 per game while also scoring 14.4 points per contest.
- Brown leads the Racers in three-point shooting with an average of 2.8 threes per game.
- The Murray State steals leader is Brown, who averages 1.4 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is Demond Robinson, who compiles 1.0 block per contest.
Jacksonville State Leaders
- Darian Adams is at the top of the Gamecocks scoring leaderboard with 15.6 points per game. He also pulls down 4.7 rebounds and dishes out 3.2 assists per game.
- The Jacksonville State leaders in rebounding and assists are Brandon Huffman with 6.4 rebounds per game (he also adds 10.8 points and 0.3 assists per game) and Jalen Finch with 4.9 assists per game (he also tacks on 11.2 points and 3.8 rebounds per game).
- Adams hits more threes per game than any other member of the Gamecocks, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a rate of 2.3 per contest.
- Jacksonville State’s leader in steals is Finch with 1.2 per game, and its leader in blocks is Huffman with 1.1 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED