Brandon Horvath leads the UMBC Retrievers (6-1) against the New Hampshire Wildcats (1-2) after scoring 27 points in a 65-60 win over Albany (NY). The Retrievers are 1-point underdogs in the matchup on Saturday, January 9, 2021, which tips off at 2:00 PM ET. The matchup’s over/under is set at 135.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|New Hampshire (-1)||Under (135)||New Hampshire 68 UMBC 66|
- The Wildcats and their opponents have combined to record more than 135 points in 66.7% of their outings this season (two of three opportunities).
- In three of seven games (42.9%) this season, UMBC has combined with its opponents to score more than 135 points.
- The Wildcats and the Retrievers combine to average 16 more points per game than the total of 135 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 0.4 less points per game (134.6) than this game’s over/under of 135 points.
- The Wildcats average point total in outings this year is 149, 14 points higher than the total in this game.
- The average total in Retrievers games this year is 1.6 more points than the point total of 135 for this outing.
New Hampshire Betting Information
- New Hampshire has not fared well against the spread this season, posting a 0-2 record.
- The Wildcats have struggled to cover, going just 0-2 ATS when favored by at least 1 points.
- New Hampshire and its opponents have reached the over 1 times in 2 contests this season.
UMBC Betting Information
- The Retrievers have a winning record against the spread, going 6-1 ATS (covering 85.7% of the time).
- The Retrievers have fared well as a 1-point underdog, going 2-1 against the spread when they are at least 1-point underdogs.
- In the majority of Retrievers games this season, the teams have not hit the over (1 out of 7 games, 14.3%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/7/2020||UMBC||-2.5||131||-140||+120||Conference Tournament||73-67 UMBC|
|2/15/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||65-59 UMBC|
|1/18/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||65-60 UNH|
|3/2/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||56-53 UMBC|
|1/26/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||59-51 UMBC|
New Hampshire Leaders
- The scoring leader for the Wildcats this season is Nick Guadarrama, who averages 14.8 points, 9.0 rebounds, and 2.3 assists per game.
- Jayden Martinez leads the Wildcats in rebounding, averaging 9.1 per game, while Blondeau Tchoukuiengo leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 3.0 in each contest.
- Josh Hopkins leads the Wildcats in three-point shooting, knocking down an average of 3.0 shots per game from beyond the arc.
- Nick Johnson is the Wildcats leader in steals, averaging 1.1 steals per game, while Tayler Mattos leads them in blocks with 1.5 per contest.
- Horvath holds the top spot on the Retrievers leaderboards for both scoring and rebounding with 16.4 points and 8.5 rebounds per game.
- Darnell Rogers dishes out 2.9 assists per game, the most assists on the Retrievers.
- Rogers leads the Retrievers in three-point shooting with an average of 2.1 made threes per game.
- UMBC’s leader in steals is Rogers with 1.8 per game, and its leader in blocks is Daniel Akin with 1.0 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found