Isaiah Pope leads the Dixie State Trailblazers (8-11) into a matchup against the New Mexico State Aggies (8-7) after putting up 22 points in a 64-48 win over Tarleton State. The Aggies are 12-point favorites in the matchup on Friday, March 5, 2021, which starts at 9:00 PM ET. The matchup’s over/under is set at 140.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|New Mexico State||-12||-110||-110||140||-109||-113||-905||588|
- The Aggies and their opponents have combined to score more than 140 points in 33.3% of their games this season (five of 15 opportunities).
- Dixie State has combined with its opponents to score at least 140 points in 11 of 19 outings (57.9%) this season.
- The Aggies and the Trailblazers combine to average 1.6 more points per game than the over/under of 140 set for this game.
- The Aggies and the Trailblazers have seen their opponents average a combined 1.1 more points per game than the over/under of 140 set for this game.
- The average point total in Aggies games this season is 4.6 less points than the total of 140 in this matchup.
- The average point total for the Trailblazers this year is 7.3 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Aggies put up 5.7 fewer points per game (71.1) than the Trailblazers give up (76.8).
- When New Mexico State totals more than 76.8 points, it is 2-0 against the spread and 4-0 overall.
- When Dixie State gives up more than 71.1 points, it is 6-8 against the spread and 4-11 overall.
- The Trailblazers’ 70.5 points per game are 6.2 more points than the 64.3 the Aggies give up.
- Dixie State has put together a 7-0 ATS record and a 7-6 overall record in games it scores more than 64.3 points.
- New Mexico State has a 1-2 record overall and an ATS record of 0-2 in games when its opponents score more than 70.5 points.
- The Aggies have put up a total of 103 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 6.8 per game), while the Trailblazers have been out-scored by opponents on average this year (by 120 total points, -6.3 per game).
New Mexico State Betting Information
- New Mexico State has not fared well against the spread this season, posting a 4-8 record.
- The Aggies have typically run under the total this season, reaching the over/under in 4 of 12 games (33.3%).
Dixie State Betting Information
- Dixie State’s record against the spread is 8-8.
- Dixie State and its opponents have hit the over in fewer than half of their games this year — 7 of 16 (43.8%).
New Mexico State Leaders
- Jabari Rice leads the Aggies in scoring, tallying 13.4 points per game to go with 5.1 rebounds and 2.3 assists.
- Johnny McCants is New Mexico State’s leading rebounder, grabbing 5.9 per game, while Evan Gilyard is its best passer, distributing 3.2 assists in each contest.
- Rice makes more threes per game than any other member of the Aggies, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 1.8 per contest.
- Gilyard and McCants lead New Mexico State on the defensive end, with Gilyard leading the team in steals averaging 0.9 per game and McCants in blocks averaging 0.7 per contest.
Dixie State Leaders
- Cameron Gooden’s points (12.9 per game) and assists (3.2 per game) stat lines give him the top rebounding and assists spots on the Trailblazers’ leaderboards.
- Jacob Nicolds’ stat line of 5.8 rebounds, 8.5 points and 1.5 assists per game helps him grab the top spot on the Dixie State rebounding leaderboard.
- Gooden contributes the most three-point shooting production for the Trailblazers. He makes 1.2 threes per game.
- Gooden (1.7 steals per game) and Dason Youngblood (0.6 blocks per game) pace the Trailblazers in steals and blocks, respectively.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED