The No. 3 seed New Mexico State Aggies (10-7) and the No. 6 seed UT Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros (9-9) will look to advance in the WAC tournament on Thursday as they meet in the quarterfinals of the conference tournament at 11:00 PM ET on ESPN+. New Mexico State is listed as an 11-point favorite to win this contest and advance closer to an automatic spot in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|New Mexico State||-11||-110||-110||131||-113||-108||-763||511|
|UT Rio Grande Valley (+11)||Over (131)||New Mexico State 71 UT Rio Grande Valley 64|
- The Aggies and their opponents have combined to put up more than 131 points in 47.1% of their games this season (eight of 17 opportunities).
- In 14 of 18 games (77.8%) this year, UT Rio Grande Valley has combined with its opponents to score at least 131 points.
- These two teams average a combined 144.3 points per game, 13.3 more points than the total of 131 set for this game.
- The Aggies and the Vaqueros have seen their opponents average a combined 0.1 more points per game than the point total of 131 set for this matchup.
- The average point total in Aggies games this season is 4.1 more points than the total of 131 in this matchup.
- The average point total for the Vaqueros this year is 9.3 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Aggies record just four more points per game (71.2) than the Vaqueros give up (67.2).
- New Mexico State is 8-2 overall and 3-0 against the spread when scoring more than 67.2 points.
- UT Rio Grande Valley has a 1-3-1 record against the spread and a 0-5 record overall when allowing more than 71.2 points.
- The Vaqueros score an average of 73.1 points per game, 9.2 more points than the 63.9 the Aggies allow.
- UT Rio Grande Valley is 8-5 overall and 4-0-1 against the spread in games it scores more than 63.9 points.
- New Mexico State’s record is 0-2 against the spread and 1-2 overall when it gives up more than 73.1 points.
- The Aggies have totaled 125 more points than their opponents this season (7.3 per game on average), and the Vaqueros have scored 105 more points than their opponents (5.9 per game).
New Mexico State Betting Information
- New Mexico State has covered in just four of 14 matchups this season.
- The Aggies have struggled to cover, going just 0-2 ATS when favored by at least 11 points.
- New Mexico State and its opponents have reached the over/under in just 5 of 14 games this season (35.7%).
UT Rio Grande Valley Betting Information
- UT Rio Grande Valley has a losing record against the spread, going 4-8-1 ATS (covering just 30.8% of the time).
- UT Rio Grande Valley has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 30.8% of matchups this year (4 out of 13 chances).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/2/2021||New Mexico State||-9||135.5||-453||+342||Regular Season||69-51 NMXST|
|2/22/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||78-62 NMXST|
|1/25/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||67-62 NMXST|
|2/23/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||88-79 NMXST|
|1/26/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||63-61 NMXST|
New Mexico State Leaders
- Jabari Rice leads the Aggies in scoring, tallying 13.5 points per game to go with 5.3 rebounds and 2.3 assists.
- Johnny McCants is New Mexico State’s leading rebounder, grabbing 6.2 per game, while Evan Gilyard is its best passer, averaging 3.1 assists in each contest.
- The Aggies get the most three-point shooting production out of Rice, who knocks down 1.9 threes per game.
- Gilyard is New Mexico State’s leader in steals, averaging 1.0 steal per game, while McCants leads them in blocks with 0.9 per contest.
UT Rio Grande Valley Leaders
- Sean Rhea scores 15.2 points per game and is the top scorer for the Vaqueros.
- The UT Rio Grande Valley leaders in rebounding and assists are Quinton Johnson II with 6.5 rebounds per game (he also adds 10.3 points and 2.3 assists per game) and Javon Levi with 5.3 assists per game (he also tacks on 10.3 points and 4.6 rebounds per game).
- Johnson is the top shooter from deep for the Vaqueros, hitting 1.5 threes per game.
- Levi (2.9 steals per game) is the steal leader for UT Rio Grande Valley while Jeff Otchere (2.9 blocks per game) is the block leader.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED