The No. 5 seed New Orleans Privateers (9-14) and the No. 8 seed SE Louisiana Lions (8-17) square off in the Southland Tournament semifinals with a spot in the championship game on the line Wednesday at Leonard E. Merrell Center, beginning at 6:00 PM ET on ESPN+. New Orleans is favored by 3.5 points. Both teams are looking to take another step toward a conference title and an automatic spot in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
- In 60.9% of their games this year (14 of 23 chances), the Privateers and their opponents have put up more than this matchup’s point total of 147.5 points.
- SE Louisiana and its opponents have combined to score at least 147.5 points in 40% of their games this year (10 of 25 opportunities).
- These teams average a combined 144.2 points per game, 3.3 fewer points than the over/under of 147.5 set for this game.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 6.8 more points per game (154.3) than this game’s total of 147.5 points.
- The average over/under the Privateers have had set in games this season is 4.9 more points than this outing’s point total.
- Lions games this season have averaged a total of 146 points, 1.5 less than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Privateers put up just 1.9 fewer points per game (75.7) than the Lions give up (77.6).
- New Orleans has a 9-0 record against the spread and a 7-3 record overall when putting up more than 77.6 points.
- In games SE Louisiana allows more than 75.7 points, it is 4-8 against the spread and 2-12 overall.
- The Lions put up 8.2 fewer points per game (68.5) than the Privateers allow their opponents to score (76.7).
- SE Louisiana is 5-0 against the spread and 5-2 overall when it scores more than 76.7 points.
- New Orleans’ record is 7-9-1 against the spread and 4-13 overall when it allows more than 68.5 points.
- The Privateers have been out-scored by 25 points this season (one point per game on average), and opponents of the Lions have out-scored them by 227 more points on the year (9.1 per game).
New Orleans Betting Information
- Against the spread, New Orleans has been strong this season, posting an 11-9-1 record.
- The Privateers fare well when favored by at least 3.5 points, posting a 5-1 record against the spread.
- The Privateers and their opponents have gone over the total in 13 of 21 games (61.9%) this season.
SE Louisiana Betting Information
- SE Louisiana has covered the spread in greater than half of its contests, going 12-11 ATS.
- When they are at least 3.5-point underdogs, the Lions have a record ATS of 0-1.
- SE Louisiana and its opponents have hit the over in fewer than half of their games this season — 11 of 23 (47.8%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/6/2021||New Orleans||-7||150||-315||+248||Regular Season||81-76 NO|
|1/30/2021||SE Louisiana||-1.5||146||-125||+104||Regular Season||79-73 SELOU|
|3/7/2020||New Orleans||-4.5||152||-206||+164||Regular Season||79-69 NO|
|2/1/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||84-73 NO|
|3/6/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||81-67 SELOU|
|2/20/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||89-68 NO|
New Orleans Leaders
- The leader in rebounds and assists for the Privateers is Damion Rosser, who pulls down 7.7 boards and distributes 3.2 assists per game to go with a 15.2 PPG scoring average.
- Troy Green is the Privateers scoring leader, averaging 15.8 points per game. He adds 5.5 rebounds and 2.6 assists per contest.
- Derek St. Hilaire hits more threes per game than any of his teammates on the Privateers, knocking down shots from deep at a clip of 2.3 per contest.
- The New Orleans steals leader is Green, who averages 1.3 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is LaDarius Marshall, who compiles 0.8 rejections per contest.
SE Louisiana Leaders
- Keon Clergeot is the top scorer for the Lions with 15.6 points per game. He also adds 3.2 rebounds and 2.2 assists per game to his scoring output.
- The Lions’ leader in rebounds is Gus Okafor with 6.6 per matchup, and their leader in assists is Isiah Kirby with 2.2 per game.
- Okafor is consistent from three-point range and leads the Lions with 1.9 made threes per game.
- SE Louisiana’s leader in steals is Joe Kasperzyk (1.3 per game), and its leader in blocks is Nick Caldwell (0.6 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED