The No. 5 seed Niagara Purple Eagles (8-10) are favored by 1 point when they meet the No. 4 seed Marist Red Foxes (13-8) in the MAAC Tournament quarterfinals. The teams will look to take another step toward an automatic berth in the NCAA Tournament bracket on Thursday at Boardwalk Hall tipping off at 7:30 PM ET and airing on ESPN+.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Marist (+1)||Over (124.5)||Marist 65 Niagara 64|
- The Purple Eagles and their opponents have combined to score more than 124.5 points in 50% of their outings this year (nine of 18 opportunities).
- Marist and its opponents have combined to score at least 124.5 points in 47.6% of their matchups this season (10 of 21 chances).
- The Purple Eagles and the Red Foxes combine to average 3.6 more points per game than the over/under of 124.5 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 128.4 points per game, 3.9 more than the over/under for this matchup.
- The Purple Eagles average point total in matchups this season is 129.7, 5.2 points higher than the total in this game.
- Red Foxes games this season have averaged an over/under of 126.8 points, 2.3 more than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Purple Eagles put up just 1.3 more points per game (64.6) than the Red Foxes allow (63.3).
- When Niagara puts up more than 63.3 points, it is 7-4 overall and 8-0 against the spread.
- Marist has a 3-6 record against the spread and a 4-5 record overall when allowing more than 64.6 points.
- The Red Foxes average just 1.6 fewer points than the Purple Eagles give up (65.1).
- Marist has put together a 4-0 ATS record and a 5-2 overall record in games it scores more than 65.1 points.
- Niagara’s record is 3-6 overall and 4-4 against the spread when it allows more than 63.5 points to its opponents.
- The Purple Eagles have a -10-point scoring differential on the season (-0.5 per game). The Red Foxes have out-scored opponents by only three points on the season (0.2 more per game).
Niagara Betting Information
- Against the spread, Niagara has been strong this season, posting a 10-7 record.
- The Purple Eagles have posted an even record of 4-4 against the spread when the spread is -1 or bigger.
- Niagara and its opponents have reached the over/under in just 7 of 17 games this season (41.2%).
Marist Betting Information
- The Red Foxes have an 11-10 record against the spread, covering in 52.4% of their contests.
- When they play as at least 1-point underdogs, the Red Foxes have a record ATS of 3-4.
- In the majority of Red Foxes games this year, the teams have not hit the over (10 out of 21 games, 47.6%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/2/2021||Niagara||-1||124.5||-116||-105||Regular Season||86-72 NIAGRA|
|1/1/2021||Niagara||-2.5||125||-149||+121||Regular Season||63-61 MARIST|
|3/10/2020||Marist||-2.5||125||-148||+117||Conference Tournament||56-54 NIAGRA|
|2/23/2020||Marist||-2||127.5||-136||+112||Regular Season||76-54 MARIST|
|1/31/2020||Niagara||-6||129.5||-267||+208||Regular Season||67-48 MARIST|
|2/8/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||79-58 MARIST|
- Marcus Hammond leads the Purple Eagles in rebounds and assists. Hammond averages 13.2 points, 5.7 rebounds, and 2.9 assists per game.
- Kobi Nwandu leads the Purple Eagles in scoring, averaging 14.5 per game to go with 3.0 rebounds and 2.7 assists.
- Hammond’s 1.9 threes per game leads the Purple Eagles.
- Hammond is Niagara’s leader in steals, averaging 1.1 steals per game, while Greg Kuakumensah leads them in blocks with 0.9 per contest.
- Ricardo Wright is the top scorer for the Red Foxes with 11.4 points per game. He also adds 3.9 rebounds and 1.8 assists per game to his scoring output.
- Jordan Jones puts up a stat line of 5.2 rebounds, 9.2 points and 0.8 assists per game for Marist to take the top rebound spot on the team. Raheim Sullivan holds the top spot for assists with 3.1 per game, adding 9.8 points and 2.4 rebounds per outing.
- Wright leads the Red Foxes in three-point shooting with an average of 1.7 made threes per game.
- Marist’s leader in steals is Sullivan with 1.0 per game, and its leader in blocks is Jones with 2.0 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED