The Nicholls State Colonels (11-5) host the Central Arkansas Sugar Bears (1-15) as heavy, 11.5-point favorites after Najee Garvin went off for 30 points in the Colonels 86-84 victory over SE Louisiana. The matchup is at 6:00 PM ET on Saturday, February 20, 2021. The matchup has an over/under of 153 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Nicholls State (-11.5)||Under (153)||Nicholls State 81 Central Arkansas 69|
- The Colonels and their opponents have scored at least 153 points — this matchup’s over/under — in six of 16 outings (37.5%) this season.
- Central Arkansas has played in eight games this year (out of 16 total matchups — 50% of chances) where they and their opponents combined to score more than 153 points.
- The two teams average a combined 7.2 fewer points per game (145.8) than this game’s over/under of 153 points.
- The Colonels and the Sugar Bears have seen their opponents average a combined 0.6 more points per game than the point total of 153 set in this outing.
- The Colonels average point total in outings this year is 149, four points below the over/under in this game.
- The average point total for the Sugar Bears this year is 2.6 points lower than this game’s over/under.
Nicholls State Betting Information
- Nicholls State has covered in just six of 15 matchups this season.
- The Colonels have posted a losing record of 0-1 against the spread when the spread is -11.5 or bigger.
- Nicholls State and its opponents have reached the over/under in just 6 of 15 games this season (40%).
Central Arkansas Betting Information
- The Sugar Bears have a losing record against the spread, going 4-10 ATS (covering only 28.6% of the time).
- Central Arkansas and its opponents have hit the over in more than half of their matchups this season — 8 of 14 (57.1%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/16/2021||Nicholls State||-3.5||157.5||-175||+140||Regular Season||74-72 NICHLS|
|2/22/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||84-65 CARK|
|1/18/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||79-72 NICHLS|
|2/23/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||100-57 NICHLS|
|1/19/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||74-68 CARK|
Nicholls State Leaders
- The leader in points and assists for the Colonels is Jitaurious Gordon, who scores 14.4 points and distributes 3.8 assists per game.
- Nicholls State’s best rebounder is Garvin, who averages 6.7 boards per game in addition to his 13.3 PPG average.
- Gordon makes more threes per game than any other member of the Colonels, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a rate of 2.4 per game.
- Kevin Johnson and Ryghe Lyons lead the Colonels on the defensive end, with Johnson leading the team in steals averaging 2.2 per game and Lyons in blocks averaging 1.6 per contest.
Central Arkansas Leaders
- Rylan Bergersen racks up 16.6 points and adds 4.2 assists per game, putting him at the top of the Sugar Bears’ leaderboards in those statistics.
- Jared Chatham’s stat line of 6.3 rebounds, 7.5 points and 0.6 assists per game helps him grab the top spot on the Central Arkansas rebounding leaderboard.
- Deandre Jones contributes the most three-point shooting production for the Sugar Bears. He knocks down 2.3 threes per game.
- Jones (1.6 steals per game) is the steal leader for Central Arkansas while SK Shittu (0.5 blocks per game) is the block leader.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED