The Nicholls State Colonels (5-4) will look to extend a three-game win streak when they visit the Houston Baptist Huskies (1-9) on Wednesday, January 20, 2021 at Sharp Gymnasium as 8.5-point favorites. The matchup airs at 8:00 PM ET. The point total is set at 153.5 for the matchup.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Houston Baptist (+8.5)||Under (153.5)||Nicholls State 78 Houston Baptist 72|
- The Colonels and their opponents have scored no less than 153.5 points — this matchup’s over/under — in three of nine games (33.3%) this season.
- Houston Baptist and its opponents have added up to score more than 153.5 points in 40% of their matchups this season (four of 10 opportunities).
- The Colonels and the Huskies combine to average 12.1 fewer points per game than the over/under of 153.5 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 154.6 points per game, 1.1 more than the point total in this game.
- The Colonels average point total in matchups this season is 142.8, 10.7 points less than the over/under in this game.
- The average over/under in Huskies games this year is 0.3 less points than the point total of 153.5 for this outing.
Nicholls State Betting Information
- Nicholls State has been good against the spread this season, posting a 5-4 record.
- The Colonels have posted a winning record of 1-0 against the spread when the spread is -8.5 or bigger.
- The Colonels have combined with their opponents to go over the total in 3 of 9 contests this season, a rate of 33.3%
Houston Baptist Betting Information
- The Huskies have a 5-2 record against the spread, covering in 71.4% of their games.
- The Huskies and their opponents have hit the over in less than half of their matchups this season — 2 of 7 (28.6%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/26/2020||Nicholls State||-7.5||162.5||-343||+263||Regular Season||93-85 NICHLS|
|1/22/2020||Nicholls State||-17.5||167||-2667||+1080||Regular Season||91-83 NICHLS|
|2/16/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||88-82 HOUBAP|
|1/12/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||77-76 NICHLS|
Nicholls State Leaders
- The leader in points and assists for the Colonels is Jitaurious Gordon, who scores 14.1 points and dishes out 4.4 assists per game.
- Najee Garvin is Nicholls State’s best rebounder, grabbing an average of 7.1 boards in each contest while scoring 13.3 points per game.
- Gordon leads the Colonels in three-point shooting, knocking down an average of 2.3 shots per game from beyond the arc.
- Kevin Johnson and Ryghe Lyons lead Nicholls State on the defensive end, with Johnson leading the team in steals averaging 2.4 per game and Lyons in blocks averaging 1.8 per contest.
Houston Baptist Leaders
- The Huskies’ leader in scoring and rebounding is Pedro Castro with 13.6 points and 7.3 rebounds per game.
- Hunter Janacek’s assist statline paces Houston Baptist; he dishes out 2.5 assists per game.
- Za-Ontay Boothman is reliable from distance and leads the Huskies with 2.3 made threes per game.
- Houston Baptist’s leader in steals is Darius Lee (1.2 per game), and its leader in blocks is Castro (1.3 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. NC State Wolf Pack: 2/24/2021 Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- Mercer Bears vs. Chattanooga Mocs: 2/24/2021 Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- Seton Hall Pirates vs. Butler Bulldogs: 2/24/2021 Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- Furman Paladins vs. Citadel Bulldogs 2/24/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Mississippi State Bulldogs vs. South Carolina Gamecocks: 2/24/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends