The Nicholls State Colonels (12-5) will attempt to build on a three-game win streak when they host the Houston Baptist Huskies (3-13) on Wednesday, February 24, 2021 at Stopher Gymnasium as big, 12-point favorites. The contest airs at 8:00 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under of 154.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Houston Baptist (+12)||Under (154.5)||Nicholls State 81 Houston Baptist 70|
- In 29.4% of their opportunities this year (five of 17 chances), the Colonels and their opponents have recorded more than this matchup’s over/under of 154.5 points.
- Houston Baptist and its opponents have added up to score at least 154.5 points in 43.8% of their matchups this year (seven of 16 opportunities).
- The two teams average a combined 5.6 less points per game (148.9) than this game’s total of 154.5 points.
- The Colonels and the Huskies have seen their opponents average a combined 1.4 less points per game than the over/under of 154.5 set for this game.
- The Colonels average point total in outings this year is 148.9, 5.6 points below the total in this game.
- The average over/under in Huskies games this year is 1.4 fewer points than the point total of 154.5 in this outing.
Nicholls State Betting Information
- Nicholls State has covered in just six of 16 matchups this season.
- When favored by at least 12 points, the Colonels have struggled to a 0-1 record ATS this season.
- Nicholls State and its opponents have converted the over just 6 times in 16 (37.5%) games this season.
Houston Baptist Betting Information
- Houston Baptist has covered the spread in more than half of its contests, going 7-5-1 ATS.
- The Huskies and their opponents have hit the over in fewer than half of their matchups this season — 6 of 13 (46.2%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/20/2021||Nicholls State||-9||155||-451||+342||Regular Season||92-83 NICHLS|
|2/26/2020||Nicholls State||-7.5||162.5||-343||+263||Regular Season||93-85 NICHLS|
|1/22/2020||Nicholls State||-17.5||167||-2667||+1080||Regular Season||91-83 NICHLS|
|2/16/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||88-82 HOUBAP|
|1/12/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||77-76 NICHLS|
Nicholls State Leaders
- Jitaurious Gordon leads the Colonels in points and assists per game, scoring 14.8 points and distributing 3.7 assists.
- Najee Garvin is the Colonels best rebounder, pulling down an average of 6.8 boards in each contest while scoring 12.7 points per game.
- Gordon leads the Colonels in three-point shooting, making an average of 2.6 shots per game from beyond the arc.
- The Nicholls State steals leader is Kevin Johnson, who averages 2.3 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is Ryghe Lyons, who compiles 1.6 rejections per contest.
Houston Baptist Leaders
- Pedro Castro records 14.1 points and 7.2 rebounds per game for the Huskies, enough to make him the leading scorer and rebounder on the team.
- Jade Tse dishes out 2.8 assists per game, the most assists on the Huskies.
- Za-Ontay Boothman connects on more threes per game than any other member of the Huskies, knocking down shots from deep at a rate of 2.1 per game.
- Castro’s stat line of 1.3 steals and 1.3 blocks per game put him at the top of the team’s steals and blocks leaderboards.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED