The Nicholls State Colonels (9-5) visit the Lamar Cardinals (3-11) as 6.5-point favorites after Jaylen Fornes scored 20 points in the Colonels 78-71 loss to Sam Houston State. The matchup airs on ESPN+ at 8:00 PM ET on Wednesday, February 10, 2021. The over/under is 144.5 in the matchup.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Lamar (+6.5)||Under (144.5)||Nicholls State 75 Lamar 68|
- In 64.3% of their games this season (nine of 14 chances), the Colonels and their opponents have recorded more than this matchup’s point total of 144.5 points.
- Lamar has played in four games this year (out of 14 total matchups — 28.6% of opportunities) where they combined with their opponents to score at least 144.5 points.
- The Colonels and the Cardinals combine to average 5.9 less points per game than the over/under of 144.5 set for this matchup.
- The Colonels and the Cardinals have seen their opponents average a combined 1.6 more points per game than the over/under of 144.5 set for this game.
- The average over/under the Colonels have had set in games this season is 3.1 more points than this outing’s point total.
- Cardinals games this year have averaged an over/under of 137.1 points, 7.4 less than the point total in this matchup.
Nicholls State Betting Information
- The Colonels are 6-6-1 against the spread this season.
- The Colonels have posted a winning record of 4-1-1 against the spread when the spread is -6.5 or bigger.
- The Colonels have typically run under the total this season, reaching the over/under in 4 of 13 games (30.8%).
Lamar Betting Information
- The Cardinals have a 4-10 record against the spread, covering in only 28.6% of their matchups.
- The Cardinals have not fared well as a 6.5-point underdog, going 0-2 against the spread when they are at least 6.5-point underdogs.
- Lamar and its opponents have hit the over in less than half of their matchups this year — 6 of 14 (42.9%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/12/2020||Nicholls State||-7.5||140.5||-362||+272||Regular Season||69-65 NICHLS|
|1/8/2020||Lamar||-2||135.5||-134||+111||Regular Season||61-52 NICHLS|
|1/30/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||90-69 LAMAR|
Nicholls State Leaders
- Jitaurious Gordon leads the Colonels in points and assists per game, scoring 15.4 points and distributing 4.1 assists.
- Najee Garvin is the Colonels best rebounder, hauling in an average of 6.5 boards in each contest while scoring 12.4 points per game.
- Gordon leads the Colonels in three-point shooting, making an average of 2.6 shots per game from beyond the arc.
- Kevin Johnson is Nicholls State’s leader in steals, averaging 2.4 steals per game, while Ryghe Lyons leads them in blocks with 1.7 per contest.
- Davion Buster is the top scorer for the Cardinals with 15.4 points per game. He also adds 2.3 rebounds and 0.9 assists per game to his stats.
- Lamar’s leader in rebounds is Avery Sullivan with 7.5 per game, and its leader in assists is Kasen Harrison with 4.1 per game.
- Gordon leads his teammates on the Cardinals with 3.3 made threes per game.
- Ellis Jefferson (1.4 steals per game) is the steal leader for Lamar while David Muoka (2.0 blocks per game) is the block leader.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED