The Nicholls State Colonels (16-6) will look to extend a six-game winning streak when they visit the McNeese Cowboys (10-11) on Thursday, March 4, 2021 at Burton Coliseum as 6.5-point favorites. The matchup airs at 7:30 PM ET. The matchup’s over/under is 153.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Nicholls State (-6.5)||Under (153.5)||Nicholls State 80 McNeese 72|
- In 40.9% of their games this year (nine of 22 chances), the Colonels and their opponents have combined to score more than this matchup’s point total of 153.5 points.
- In nine of 21 outings (42.9%) this season, McNeese has combined with its opponents to score more than 153.5 points.
- These two teams average a combined 162.3 points per game, 8.8 more points than the total of 153.5 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 8.4 fewer points per game (145.1) than this matchup’s over/under of 153.5 points.
- The average point total in Colonels games this year is 1.0 fewer points than the total of 153.5 in this matchup.
- The average total for Cowboys games this season is 1.4 more points than the point total of 153.5 for this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 79.4 points per game the Colonels average are 7.4 more points than the Cowboys give up (72).
- Nicholls State has a 15-2 record overall and a 7-0-1 record against the spread when scoring more than 72 points.
- When McNeese allows more than 79.4 points, it is 1-5 against the spread and 1-6 overall.
- The Cowboys average 9.8 more points per game (82.9) than the Colonels allow their opponents to score (73.1).
- McNeese has compiled a 10-4 overall record and a 4-0 ATS record in games it scores more than 73.1 points.
- Nicholls State has a 4-2 record overall and an ATS record of 2-3-1 in games when its opponents score more than 82.9 points.
- The Colonels have totaled 138 more points than their opponents this season (6.3 per game on average), and the Cowboys have scored 230 more points than their opponents (10.9 per game).
Nicholls State Betting Information
- The Colonels have struggled a bit against the spread this season, posting an 8-12-1 record.
- The Colonels have posted a winning record of 6-4-1 against the spread when the spread is -6.5 or higher.
- The Colonels have combined with their opponents to go over the total in 9 of 21 contests this season, a rate of 42.9%
McNeese Betting Information
- The Cowboys have a losing record against the spread, going 6-7-1 ATS (covering only 42.9% of the time).
- McNeese and its opponents have hit the over in less than half of their games this season — 4 of 14 (28.6%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/27/2021||Nicholls State||-13.5||152.5||-1232||+696||Regular Season||76-69 NICHLS|
|3/4/2020||Nicholls State||-5.5||149||-244||+192||Regular Season||80-56 NICHLS|
|1/29/2020||McNeese||-2||144||-135||+110||Regular Season||80-74 MCNST|
|2/27/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||84-75 MCNST|
|1/16/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||86-75 MCNST|
Nicholls State Leaders
- The Colonels leader in points and assists is Jitaurious Gordon, who puts up 14.8 points per game along with 3.8 assists.
- Najee Garvin leads Nicholls State in rebounding, grabbing 7.1 rebounds per game while also scoring 13.3 points a contest.
- Gordon connects on more threes per game than any of his teammates on the Colonels, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a rate of 2.6 per game.
- Kevin Johnson is Nicholls State’s leader in steals, averaging 2.6 steals per game, while Ryghe Lyons leads them in blocks with 1.6 per contest.
- The Cowboys’ leader in scoring and rebounding is KeyShawn Feazell with 13.8 points and 10.3 rebounds per game.
- A.J. Lawson notches more assists than any other McNeese teammate with 5.5 per game. He also scores 12.5 points and grabs 5.3 rebounds per game.
- Dru Kuxhausen is reliable from deep and leads the Cowboys with 3.3 made threes per game.
- Collin Warren (1.3 steals per game) and Feazell (1.1 blocks per game) lead the Cowboys in steals and blocks, respectively.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED