The No. 1 seed Nicholls State Colonels (17-6) are favored by 7.5 points when they play the No. 4 seed Northwestern State Demons (11-17) in the Southland Tournament semifinals Friday at Leonard E. Merrell Center, tipping off at 6:00 PM ET on ESPN+. A guaranteed spot in the NCAA Tournament bracket is on the line as these teams look to claim the Southland championship.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
- The Colonels and their opponents have combined for 154 points — this matchup’s over/under — in nine of 23 games (39.1%) this year.
- Northwestern State has combined with its opponents to score more than 154 points in 13 of 28 opportunities (46.4%) this season.
- These teams average a combined 151.9 points per game, 2.1 fewer points than the total of 154 set for this matchup.
- The Colonels and the Demons have seen their opponents average a combined 1.7 fewer points per game than the point total of 154 set for this matchup.
- The average over/under the Colonels have had set in matchups this season is 1.7 fewer points than this outing’s point total.
- The average point total for the Demons this season is 2.1 points less than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Colonels score the same number of points per game (79.4) as the Demons give up (79.4).
- When Nicholls State scores more than 79.4 points, it is 7-0-1 against the spread and 10-2 overall.
- Northwestern State is 5-9 against the spread and 1-13 overall when giving up more than 79.4 points.
- The Demons put up an average of 72.5 points per game, just 0.4 fewer points than the 72.9 the Colonels give up.
- Northwestern State has put together an 11-0 ATS record and a 9-6 overall record in games it scores more than 72.9 points.
- Nicholls State’s record is 4-5 overall and 2-6-1 against the spread when it allows more than 72.5 points to its opponents.
- The Colonels have put up a total of 151 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 6.5 per game), while the Demons have been out-scored by opponents on average this year (by 194 total points, -6.9 per game).
Nicholls State Betting Information
- The Colonels have struggled somewhat against the spread this season, putting up a 9-12-1 record.
- The Colonels have posted a winning record of 5-3-1 against the spread when the spread is -7.5 or bigger.
- The Colonels have typically run under the total this season, reaching the over/under in 9 of 22 games (40.9%).
Northwestern State Betting Information
- The Demons have a 13-12-1 record against the spread, covering in 50% of their outings.
- The Demons and their opponents have hit the over in fewer than half of their games this year — 12 of 26 (46.2%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/1/2021||Nicholls State||-9||151.5||-478||+360||Regular Season||87-71 NICHLS|
|1/13/2021||Nicholls State||-6.5||153.5||-286||+227||Regular Season||76-66 NICHLS|
|2/19/2020||Nicholls State||-3||144||-159||+128||Regular Season||73-69 NICHLS|
|1/15/2020||Nicholls State||-12.5||140||-1000||+637||Regular Season||73-72 NWST|
|3/6/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||83-60 NICHLS|
|1/2/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||78-72 NICHLS|
Nicholls State Leaders
- Jitaurious Gordon leads the Colonels in points and assists per game, scoring 14.9 points and distributing 3.7 assists.
- Nicholls State’s best rebounder is Najee Garvin, who averages 7.1 boards per game in addition to his 13.6 PPG average.
- Gordon leads the Colonels in three-point shooting, knocking down an average of 2.6 shots per game from beyond the arc.
- Kevin Johnson is the Colonels leader in steals, averaging 2.6 steals per game, while Ryghe Lyons leads them in blocks with 1.7 per contest.
Northwestern State Leaders
- Trenton Massner is at the top of the Demons scoring leaderboard with 13.2 points per game. He also grabs 4.7 rebounds and dishes out 2.5 assists per game.
- The Northwestern State leaders in rebounding and assists are Kendal Coleman with 6.4 rebounds per game (he also adds 6.8 points and 0.3 assists per game) and C.J. Jones with 2.5 assists per game (he also tacks on 2.7 points and 1.0 rebounds per game).
- Jairus Roberson makes 2.3 three-pointers per game, the most on the Demons.
- Massner (1.3 steals per game) and Coleman (1.1 blocks per game) lead the Demons in steals and blocks, respectively.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED