The NJIT Highlanders (3-5) will look to halt a three-game losing streak when they host the Stony Brook Seawolves (4-6) on Saturday, January 23, 2021 at NJIT Wellness and Events Center as just 3-point favorites. The game airs at 2:00 PM ET on ESP3. The point total for the matchup is set at 135.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|NJIT (-3)||Over (135.5)||NJIT 72 Stony Brook 69|
- The Highlanders and their opponents have scored no less than 135.5 points — this matchup’s over/under — in four of eight games (50%) this season.
- Stony Brook and its opponents have combined to score more than 135.5 points in 70% of their games this season (seven of 10 opportunities).
- The two teams average a combined 0.9 more points per game (136.4) than this matchup’s total of 135.5 points.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 3.4 more points per game (138.9) than this game’s total of 135.5 points.
- The average point total for Highlanders games this season is 2.0 less points than the total of 135.5 in this matchup.
- The average total in Seawolves games this year is 6.3 more points than the point total of 135.5 in this outing.
NJIT Betting Information
- The Highlanders have struggled somewhat against the spread this season, posting a 1-7 record.
- The Highlanders have posted a losing record of 0-3 against the spread when the spread is -3 or bigger.
- NJIT and its opponents have combined to cover the total in 4 of 8 games this season (50%).
Stony Brook Betting Information
- The Seawolves have a losing record against the spread, going 3-6 ATS (covering only 33.3% of the time).
- When they are at least 3-point underdogs, the Seawolves have gone 2-2 against the spread.
- Stony Brook has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 55.6% of matchups this season (5 out of 9 chances).
- The scoring leader for the Highlanders this season is Zach Cooks, who averages 14.0 points, 5.8 rebounds, and 1.8 assists per game.
- Souleymane Diakite leads the Highlanders in rebounding, averaging 6.1 per game, while Antwuan Butler leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 2.3 in each contest.
- Dylan O’Hearn makes more threes per game than any other member of the Highlanders, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 1.5 per contest.
- Cooks and Diakite lead NJIT on the defensive end, with Cooks leading the team in steals averaging 2.1 per game and Diakite in blocks averaging 0.7 per contest.
Stony Brook Leaders
- Frankie Policelli is at the top of the Seawolves scoring leaderboard with 12.2 points per game. He also grabs 4.8 rebounds and averages 1.3 assists per game.
- Stony Brook’s leader in rebounds is Tykei Greene with 6.1 per game, and its leader in assists is Juan Felix Rodriguez with 3.4 per game.
- Policelli’s 2.2 made threes per game lead the Seawolves.
- Mouhamadou Gueye’s stat line of 1.1 steals and 3.1 blocks per game put him at the top of the team’s steals and blocks leaderboards.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Loyola Chicago Ramblers vs. Indiana State Sycamores 3/6/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Boston University Terriers: 3/6/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Utah Utes vs. Arizona State Sun Devils 3/6/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Weber State Wildcats vs. Northern Colorado Bears: 3/6/2021 Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Purdue Boilermakers vs. Indiana Hoosiers: 3/6/2021 Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends