MEAC opponents square off when the Norfolk State Spartans (7-5) visit the Coppin State Eagles (3-7) at Physical Education Complex, tipping off at 1:00 PM ET on Sunday, January 24, 2021. The Eagles are 3.5-point underdogs in the game, the second matchup between the squads this season. The over/under is 147.5 for the matchup.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
- In seven of 12 opportunities (58.3%) this year, the Spartans and their opponents have put up at least this matchup’s over/under of 147.5 points.
- Coppin State has combined with its opponents to score more than 147.5 points in seven of 10 games (70%) this year.
- The Spartans and the Eagles combine to average 6.2 less points per game than the total of 147.5 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 152.7 points per game, 5.2 more than the over/under for this matchup.
- The average total the Spartans have had set in games this season is 1.1 less points than this outing’s point total.
- The average total in Eagles games this year equals the 147.5 point total in this outing.
Norfolk State Betting Information
- The Spartans have struggled to an extent against the spread this year, putting up a 4-5-1 record.
- When favored by at least 3.5 points, the Spartans have compiled a 2-2 record ATS.
- In 7 of 10 (70%) contests this season, Norfolk State and its opponents have hit the total.
Coppin State Betting Information
- The Eagles have a 4-6 record against the spread, covering in only 40% of their contests.
- In most of Eagles games this year, the teams have combined to hit the over (7 out of 10 games, 70%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/23/2021||Norfolk State||-2.5||149.5||-145||+120||Regular Season||81-71 COPPST|
|2/17/2020||Norfolk State||-9.5||138||-535||+384||Regular Season||80-60 NORFST|
|1/6/2020||Norfolk State||-1||140||-115||-106||Regular Season||82-59 NORFST|
|3/2/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||72-38 NORFST|
|1/12/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||80-66 NORFST|
Norfolk State Leaders
- The leader in points and assists for the Spartans is Devante Carter, who scores 13.9 points and distributes 3.5 assists per game.
- Norfolk State’s best rebounder is J.J. Matthews, who averages 5.3 boards per game in addition to his 10.9 PPG average.
- Kashaun Hicks contributes the most three-point shooting production for the Spartans. He makes 1.7 threes per game.
- Kyonze Chavis and Chris Ford lead Norfolk State on the defensive end, with Chavis leading the team in steals averaging 1.3 per game and Ford in blocks averaging 1.1 per contest.
Coppin State Leaders
- Dejuan Clayton racks up 16.3 points and adds 4.9 assists per game, putting him at the top of the Eagles’ leaderboards in those statistics.
- Anthony Tarke’s stat line of 8.0 rebounds, 15.9 points and 3.1 assists per game helps him grab the top spot on the Coppin State rebounding leaderboard.
- Kyle Cardaci connects on more threes per game than any other member of the Eagles, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 2.9 per outing.
- Tarke’s steals (3.2 steals per game) and blocks (1.7 blocks per game) pace Coppin State on defense.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Missouri State Bears vs. Evansville Purple Aces: 2/26/2021 Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- Penn State Nittany Lions vs. Purdue Boilermakers: 2/26/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Indiana State Sycamores vs. Valparaiso Crusaders: 2/26/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Montana State Bobcats vs. Idaho Vandals: 2/26/2021 Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Drake Bulldogs vs. Bradley Braves 2/26/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends