A game after he scored 24 points in an 80-72 loss to UNC Wilmington, J.J. Matthews leads the Norfolk State Spartans (3-3) at home against the Morgan State Bears (3-2) on Saturday, January 9, 2021. The Spartans are favored by 4 points in the matchup, which tips at 2:00 PM ET. The matchup’s over/under is set at 135.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
- The Spartans and their opponents have scored at least 135.5 points — this matchup’s over/under — in four of six opportunities (66.7%) this year.
- Morgan State and its opponents have combined to score at least 135.5 points in three of five opportunities (60%) this season.
- The two teams average a combined 5.7 more points per game (141.2) than this game’s total of 135.5 points.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 5.7 more points per game (141.2) than this matchup’s over/under of 135.5 points.
- The average over/under the Spartans have had set in matchups this year is 0.5 more points than this outing’s point total.
- The average point total for the Bears this year is 10.9 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Norfolk State Betting Information
- Norfolk State has covered about half the time against spread this season, covering two times in five contests.
- When favored by at least 4 points, the Spartans have fared well against the spread, putting together a 1-0 record.
- Norfolk State has more often than not combined with its adversaries to fall short of the over, doing so 2 times in 5 contests (40%).
Morgan State Betting Information
- Morgan State has a 2-1 record against the spread, covering in 66.7% of their matchups.
- In most of Bears games this year, the teams have not hit the over (1 out of 3 games, 33.3%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/5/2020||Morgan State||-1||135||-119||-107||Regular Season||68-62 NORFST|
|2/15/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||62-57 NORFST|
|2/23/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||75-74 NORFST|
Norfolk State Leaders
- The leader in scoring, rebounding and assists for the Spartans is Devante Carter, who averages 16.1 points, 5.9 rebounds and 3.4 assists per game.
- Daryl Anderson contributes the bulk of the Spartans’ three-point shooting production. He hits 2.0 threes per game to pace the squad.
- The Norfolk State steals leader is Kyonze Chavis, who averages 1.5 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is Chris Ford, who compiles 1.0 block per contest.
Morgan State Leaders
- Troy Baxter is the top scorer for the Bears with 16.8 points per game. He also adds 4.6 rebounds and 0.6 assists per game to his scoring output.
- The Morgan State leaders in rebounding and assists are Malik Miller with 8.0 rebounds per game (he also adds 12.8 points and 1.7 assists per game) and Sheryn Devonish with 3.2 assists per game (he also tacks on 6.3 points and 2.3 rebounds per game).
- Baxter contributes the most three-point shooting production for the Bears. He makes 2.4 threes per game.
- Morgan State’s leader in steals is Miller with 2.3 per game, and its leader in blocks is Baxter with 1.2 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found