Wendell Moore leads the Duke Blue Devils (11-10) into a matchup with the North Carolina Tar Heels (15-9) after scoring 20 points in an 81-77 loss to Georgia Tech. The Blue Devils are 3-point underdogs in the matchup on Saturday, March 6, 2021, which starts at 6:00 PM ET on ESPN. The matchup has an over/under set at 148 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|North Carolina (-3)||Under (148)||North Carolina 75 Duke 71|
- The Tar Heels and their opponents have recorded more than 148 points in 41.7% of their games this year (10 of 24 opportunities).
- In 10 of 21 games (47.6%) this season, Duke and its opponents have combined to score more than 148 points.
- The two teams average a combined 2.2 more points per game (150.2) than this game’s over/under of 148 points.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 6.5 less points per game (141.5) than this game’s total of 148 points.
- The average total the Tar Heels have had set in matchups this season is 4.3 less points than this outing’s point total.
- The average point total for the Blue Devils this year is equal to this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 74.2 points the Tar Heels average per game are only 2.2 more points than the Blue Devils surrender (72).
- When North Carolina puts up more than 72 points, it is 10-0 against the spread and 12-3 overall.
- When Duke allows more than 74.2 points, it is 0-9 against the spread and 1-8 overall.
- The Blue Devils score an average of 76 points per game, 6.5 more points than the 69.5 the Tar Heels give up to opponents.
- When it scores more than 69.5 points, Duke is 5-0 against the spread and 9-6 overall.
- North Carolina’s record is 2-4 overall and 2-4 against the spread when it gives up more than 76 points to its opponents.
- The Tar Heels have totaled 111 more points than their opponents this season (4.7 per game on average), and the Blue Devils have scored 82 more points than their opponents (four per game).
North Carolina Betting Information
- The Tar Heels have struggled to an extent against the spread this season, putting up a 10-13-1 record.
- The Tar Heels have posted a winning record of 8-6-1 against the spread when the spread is -3 or higher.
- North Carolina has more often than not combined with its adversaries to fall short of the total, doing so 10 times in 24 contests (41.7%).
Duke Betting Information
- Duke has failed to cover the spread in more than half of its games, going 7-13 ATS.
- When they play as at least 3-point underdogs, the Blue Devils have a record ATS of 5-9.
- In most of Blue Devils games this season, the teams have combined to hit the over (14 out of 20 games, 70%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/6/2021||Duke||-2.5||147.5||-144||+120||Regular Season||91-87 UNC|
|3/7/2020||Duke||-11.5||153||-733||+507||Regular Season||89-76 DUKE|
|2/8/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||98-96 DUKE|
|3/9/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||79-70 UNC|
|2/20/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||88-72 UNC|
North Carolina Leaders
- The Tar Heels scoring leader is Armando Bacot, who averages 11.5 per contest to go with 7.7 rebounds and 0.8 assists.
- Day’Ron Sharpe is North Carolina’s leading rebounder, grabbing 7.9 per game, while Caleb Love is its best passer, distributing 3.6 assists in each contest.
- Kerwin Walton leads his teammates on the Tar Heels with 2.0 made threes per outing.
- The North Carolina steals leader is Rechon ‘Leaky’ Black, who averages 1.4 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is Sharpe, who compiles 0.8 rejections per contest.
- The Blue Devils’ leader in scoring and rebounding is Matthew Hurt with 18.9 points and 6.1 rebounds per game.
- Duke’s assist leader is Jordan Goldwire with 4.0 per game. He also records 6.0 points per game and adds 3.3 rebounds per game.
- Hurt’s 2.4 made threes per game lead the Blue Devils.
- Duke’s leader in steals is Goldwire (2.3 per game), and its leader in blocks is Mark Williams (1.5 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED