The North Carolina Tar Heels (13-7) are favored (by 5.5 points) to build on a seven-game home winning streak when they host the Louisville Cardinals (11-4) on Saturday, February 20, 2021 at 6:00 PM ET. The matchup’s point total is set at 140.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Louisville (+5.5)||Under (140.5)||North Carolina 70 Louisville 68|
- The Tar Heels and their opponents have scored no less than 140.5 points — this matchup’s point total — in eight of 20 opportunities (40%) this season.
- In six of 15 games (40%) this year, Louisville and its opponents have combined to score at least 140.5 points.
- These two teams average a combined 142.7 points per game, 2.2 more points than the total of 140.5 set for this matchup.
- The Tar Heels and the Cardinals have seen their opponents average a combined 6.8 less points per game than the point total of 140.5 set for this game.
- The Tar Heels average point total in outings this year is 142.6, 2.1 points higher than the total in this game.
- The average point total for the Cardinals this year is 6.8 points less than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 73.2 points per game the Tar Heels score are nine more points than the Cardinals give up (64.2).
- When North Carolina scores more than 64.2 points, it is 8-0-1 against the spread and 13-5 overall.
- Louisville is 0-3 overall and 0-3 against the spread when giving up more than 73.2 points.
- The Cardinals’ 69.5 points per game are the exact same as the Tar Heels give up to opponents.
- In games it scores more than 69.5 points, Louisville is 6-0 against the spread and 9-1 overall.
- North Carolina has a 4-4 record overall and an ATS record of 3-5 in games when its opponents score more than 69.5 points.
- The Tar Heels have out-scored their opponents by a total of 73 points this season (3.7 points per game on average), and the Cardinals have put up 79 more points than their opponents on the year (5.3 per game).
North Carolina Betting Information
- North Carolina has covered in just eight of 20 matchups this season.
- When favored by at least 5.5 points, the Tar Heels have fared well against the spread, compiling a 4-3 record.
- North Carolina and its opponents have converted the over just 8 times in 20 (40%) games this season.
Louisville Betting Information
- The Cardinals record against the spread is 7-7-1.
- When they are at least 5.5-point underdogs, the Cardinals have fared well, going 4-1 against the spread.
- Louisville and its opponents have hit the over in fewer than half of their games this year — 7 of 15 (46.7%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/22/2020||Louisville||-9||144.5||-484||+346||Regular Season||72-55 LOU|
|2/2/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||79-69 UNC|
|1/12/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||83-62 LOU|
North Carolina Leaders
- The Tar Heels scoring leader is Armando Bacot, who averages 11.8 per contest to go with 7.6 rebounds and 0.8 assists.
- Day’Ron Sharpe leads North Carolina in rebounding, averaging 7.8 per game, while Caleb Love leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 3.6 in each contest.
- The Tar Heels get the most three-point shooting production out of Kerwin Walton, who makes 1.9 threes per game.
- Rechon ‘Leaky’ Black is the Tar Heels leader in steals, averaging 1.3 steals per game, while Garrison Brooks leads them in blocks with 0.9 per contest.
- Carlik Jones collects 17.4 points and adds 4.9 assists per game, putting him at the top of the Cardinals’ leaderboards for those statistics.
- Jae’Lyn Withers grabs 7.6 rebounds per game (he also scores 10.0 points per game and adds 0.5 assists per game) which puts him at the top of the Louisville rebounding leaderboard.
- David Johnson contributes the most three-point shooting production for the Cardinals. He knocks down 1.9 threes per game.
- Jones (1.4 steals per game) and JJ Traynor (0.7 blocks per game) pace the Cardinals in steals and blocks, respectively.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED