The North Carolina Tar Heels (14-7) are 8.5-point favorites as they attempt to continue an eight-game home win streak when they take on the Marquette Golden Eagles (10-12) on Wednesday, February 24, 2021 at Dean E. Smith Center. The matchup airs at 7:00 PM ET on ESPN2. The matchup has an over/under of 144.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|North Carolina (-8.5)||Under (144)||North Carolina 75 Marquette 66|
- In 42.9% of their games this season (nine of 21 chances), the Tar Heels and their opponents have scored more than this matchup’s over/under of 144 points.
- Marquette has played in nine games this season (out of 22 total matchups — 40.9% of opportunities) where they and their opponents combined to score more than 144 points.
- The Tar Heels and the Golden Eagles combine to average 0.7 more points per game than the total of 144 set for this game.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 5.3 less points per game (138.7) than this matchup’s total of 144 points.
- The Tar Heels average point total in matchups this year is 143.1, 0.9 points below the total in this game.
- The average over/under for Golden Eagles games this season is 3.9 less points than the point total of 144 for this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 74.4 points the Tar Heels put up per game are just 4.5 more points than the Golden Eagles allow (69.9).
- North Carolina is 11-3 overall and 9-0 against the spread when scoring more than 69.9 points.
- Marquette is 1-4 overall and 1-4 against the spread in games when it gives up more than 74.4 points.
- The Golden Eagles put up only 1.5 more points per game (70.3) than the Tar Heels allow (68.8).
- In games when it scores more than 68.8 points, Marquette is 5-0 against the spread and 8-2 overall.
- North Carolina is 3-5 against the spread and 4-4 overall when it gives up more than 70.3 points.
- The Tar Heels have totaled 118 more points than their opponents this season (5.6 per game on average), and the Golden Eagles have scored just nine more points than their opponents (0.4 per game).
North Carolina Betting Information
- North Carolina has struggled against the spread, going 9-11-1 on the year.
- The Tar Heels have posted an even record of 3-3 against the spread when the spread is -8.5 or higher.
- The Tar Heels have combined with their opponents to go over the total in 9 of 21 contests this season, a rate of 42.9%
Marquette Betting Information
- The Golden Eagles have an 8-14 record against the spread, covering in only 36.4% of their matchups.
- When they are at least 8.5-point underdogs, the Golden Eagles have gone 2-2 against the spread.
- Marquette has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 36.4% of matchups this season (8 out of 22 contests).
North Carolina Leaders
- The scoring leader for the Tar Heels this season is Armando Bacot, who averages 11.9 points, 7.7 rebounds, and 0.8 assists per game.
- Day’Ron Sharpe is the Tar Heels leading rebounder, pulling down 7.9 per game, while Caleb Love is their best passer, averaging 3.6 assists in each contest.
- Kerwin Walton leads the Tar Heels in three-point shooting with an average of 2.0 threes per game.
- Rechon ‘Leaky’ Black is North Carolina’s leader in steals, averaging 1.3 steals per game, while Garrison Brooks leads them in blocks with 0.9 per contest.
- The Golden Eagles’ D.J. Carton racks up enough points (12.6 per game) and assists (3.3 per game) to sit atop the team’s leaderboards.
- The Golden Eagles’ top rebounder is Dawson Garcia — he grabs 6.5 per game while scoring 12.6 points per game.
- Koby McEwen hits 1.5 three-pointers per game, the most on the Golden Eagles.
- Carton (1.1 steals per game) is the steal leader for Marquette while Theo John (1.7 blocks per game) is the block leader.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED