The North Carolina Tar Heels (12-6) are heavily favored (by 10.5 points) to continue a six-game home winning streak when they host the Miami (FL) Hurricanes (7-11) on Monday, February 8, 2021 at 7:00 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under of 139.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|North Carolina (-10.5)||Over (139.5)||North Carolina 76 Miami (FL) 65|
- In 50% of their games this season (nine of 18 chances), the Tar Heels and their opponents have scored more than this matchup’s over/under of 139.5 points.
- Miami (FL) has combined with its opponents to score at least 139.5 points in eight of 18 games (44.4%) this season.
- The two teams average a combined 1.3 more points per game (140.8) than this matchup’s over/under of 139.5 points.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 0.8 more points per game (140.3) than this matchup’s total of 139.5 points.
- The average point total for Tar Heels games this year is 5.0 more points than the total of 139.5 in this matchup.
- The average point total for the Hurricanes this year is 2.8 points lower than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 74.1 points per game the Tar Heels record are only 4.2 more points than the Hurricanes give up (69.9).
- When North Carolina puts up more than 69.9 points, it is 7-0 against the spread and 9-3 overall.
- Miami (FL) has compiled a 3-3 record against the spread and a 1-5 record overall in games when it allows more than 74.1 points.
- The Hurricanes put up an average of 66.7 points per game, just 3.7 fewer points than the 70.4 the Tar Heels give up.
- Miami (FL) has put together a 4-0 ATS record and a 5-2 overall record in games it scores more than 70.4 points.
- North Carolina is 3-7 against the spread and 5-5 overall when it allows its opponents to score more than 66.7 points.
- The Tar Heels have totaled 65 more points than their opponents this season (3.7 per game on average), while the Hurricanes have been out-scored by 58 total points (3.2 per game average differential).
North Carolina Betting Information
- The Tar Heels have struggled a bit against the spread this season, posting a 7-10-1 record.
- When favored by at least 10.5 points, the Tar Heels have put up a 2-2 record ATS.
- North Carolina and its opponents have converted the over just 7 times in 18 (38.9%) games this season.
Miami (FL) Betting Information
- Miami (FL) has covered the spread in less than half of its outings, going 8-9 ATS.
- When they play as at least 10.5-point underdogs, the Hurricanes have a record ATS of 0-3.
- The Hurricanes and their opponents have hit the over in fewer than half of their games this year — 7 of 17 (41.2%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/5/2021||North Carolina||-3.5||141||-172||+140||Regular Season||67-65 UNC|
|1/25/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||94-71 UNC|
|2/9/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||88-85 UNC|
|1/19/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||85-76 UNC|
North Carolina Leaders
- The scoring leader for the Tar Heels this season is Armando Bacot, who averages 12.2 points, 7.4 rebounds, and 0.7 assists per game.
- Day’Ron Sharpe leads the Tar Heels in rebounding, averaging 7.8 per game, while Caleb Love leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 3.3 in each contest.
- Kerwin Walton’s 1.8 threes per game leads the Tar Heels.
- Rechon ‘Leaky’ Black and Garrison Brooks lead North Carolina on the defensive end, with Black leading the team in steals averaging 1.4 per game and Brooks in blocks averaging 0.9 per contest.
Miami (FL) Leaders
- Isaiah Wong averages 17.4 points per game and is the top scorer for the Hurricanes.
- Nysier Brooks is atop the Hurricanes rebounding leaderboard with 6.3 rebounds per game, and Harlond Beverly paces the squad in assists with 3.3 per outing.
- Walton paces his teammates on the Hurricanes with 1.8 made threes per game.
- Beverly (1.5 steals per game) and Nysier Brooks (0.9 blocks per game) pace the Hurricanes in steals and blocks, respectively.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED