The North Carolina Tar Heels (6-4) visit the Miami (FL) Hurricanes (4-4) after losing three road games in a row. The Tar Heels are favored by just 3 points in the contest, which tips at 8:00 PM ET on Tuesday, January 5, 2021. The point total in the matchup is set at 140.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Miami (FL) (+3)||Under (140.5)||North Carolina 69 Miami (FL) 68|
- In 150% of their games this year (15 of 10 chances), the Tar Heels and their opponents have combined to score more than this matchup’s over/under of 140.5 points.
- Miami (FL) has combined with its opponents to score more than 140.5 points in two of eight outings (25%) this season.
- The Tar Heels and the Hurricanes combine to average 1.1 more points per game than the over/under of 140.5 set for this game.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 133.1 points per game, 7.4 less than the point total in this game.
- The average over/under the Tar Heels have had set in matchups this year is 0.5 more points than this outing’s point total.
- Hurricanes games this season have averaged a total of 133.6 points, 6.9 less than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Tar Heels put up 72.8 points per game, 7.9 more points than the 64.9 the Hurricanes allow.
- When North Carolina puts up more than 64.9 points, it is 3-0-1 against the spread and 6-4 overall.
- When Miami (FL) gives up more than 72.8 points, it is 1-0 against the spread and 0-1 overall.
- The Hurricanes put up only 0.6 more points per game (68.8) than the Tar Heels give up (68.2).
- Miami (FL) has put together a 3-1 overall record and a 1-0 ATS record in games it scores more than 68.2 points.
- North Carolina is 0-4 against the spread and 0-4 overall when it gives up more than 68.8 points.
- The Tar Heels have out-scored their opponents by a total of 46 points this season (4.6 points per game on average), and the Hurricanes have put up 31 more points than their opponents on the year (3.9 per game).
North Carolina Betting Information
- The Tar Heels have struggled somewhat against the spread this season, posting a 3-6-1 record.
- The Tar Heels have posted an even record of 3-3-1 against the spread when the spread is -3 or bigger.
- North Carolina and its opponents have reached the over/under in just 2 of 10 games this season (20%).
Miami (FL) Betting Information
- Miami (FL) has covered the spread in less than half of its contests, going 3-4 ATS.
- The Hurricanes have not fared well as a 3-point underdog, going 0-3 against the spread when they are at least 3-point underdogs.
- The Hurricanes and their opponents have hit the over in fewer than half of their matchups this year — 3 of 7 (42.9%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/25/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||94-71 UNC|
|2/9/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||88-85 UNC|
|1/19/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||85-76 UNC|
North Carolina Leaders
- The scoring and rebounding leader for the Tar Heels is Armando Bacot, who averages 11.5 points and 8.2 rebounds per game.
- Caleb Love leads the Tar Heels in assists, averaging 3.4 per game while also scoring 10.2 points per contest.
- Kerwin Walton paces his teammates on the Tar Heels with 1.2 made threes per contest.
- Rechon ‘Leaky’ Black is North Carolina’s leader in steals, averaging 1.3 steals per game, while Day’Ron Sharpe leads them in blocks with 1.0 per contest.
Miami (FL) Leaders
- Isaiah Wong racks up 17.9 points per game and is the top scorer for the Hurricanes.
- The Miami (FL) leaders in rebounding and assists are Nysier Brooks with 6.8 rebounds per game (he also adds 6.3 points and 0.3 assists per game) and Harlond Beverly with 4.1 assists per game (he also tacks on 9.0 points and 6.6 rebounds per game).
- Wong provides the most three-point shooting production for the Hurricanes. He knocks down 1.8 threes per game.
- The Hurricanes’ leader in steals is Beverly with 1.9 per game, and Brooks is their leader in blocks with 1.1 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found