The North Carolina Tar Heels (12-7) are heavy favorites (-15.5) as they attempt to build on a six-game home winning streak when they take on the Northeastern Huskies (7-7) on Wednesday, February 17, 2021 at Dean E. Smith Center. The contest airs at 7:00 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under set at 137 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Northeastern (+15.5)||Over (137)||North Carolina 76 Northeastern 63|
- The Tar Heels and their opponents have scored no less than 137 points — this matchup’s over/under — in 12 of 19 outings (63.2%) this season.
- In five of 14 opportunities (35.7%) this year, Northeastern has combined with its opponents to score more than 137 points.
- These teams average a combined 140.1 points per game, 3.1 more points than the over/under of 137 set for this game.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 3.3 more points per game (140.3) than this game’s total of 137 points.
- The Tar Heels average point total in matchups this season is 142.6, 5.6 points higher than the over/under in this game.
- The average total in Huskies games this season is 0.8 more points than the point total of 137 for this outing.
North Carolina Betting Information
- North Carolina has struggled against the spread, going 7-11-1 on the year.
- The Tar Heels have posted an even record of 1-1 against the spread when the spread is -15.5 or higher.
- North Carolina has more often than not combined with its adversaries to fall short of the total, doing so 7 times in 19 contests (36.8%).
Northeastern Betting Information
- Northeastern has a winning record against the spread, going 9-5 ATS (covering 64.3% of the time).
- In 7 out of Huskies 14 games this year, (50%) the teams have combined to hit the over.
North Carolina Leaders
- The scoring leader for the Tar Heels this season is Armando Bacot, who averages 11.9 points, 7.6 rebounds, and 0.8 assists per game.
- Day’Ron Sharpe leads North Carolina in rebounding, averaging 7.7 per game, while Caleb Love leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 3.3 in each contest.
- Kerwin Walton provides the most three-point shooting production for the Tar Heels. He knocks down 1.8 threes per game.
- Rechon ‘Leaky’ Black is the Tar Heels leader in steals, averaging 1.3 steals per game, while Garrison Brooks leads them in blocks with 0.9 per contest.
- Tyson Walker averages 18.0 points and adds 5.1 assists per game, putting him at the top of the Huskies’ leaderboards for those statistics.
- Shaquille Walters is at the top of the Northeastern rebounding leaderboard with 6.8 rebounds per game. He also notches 11.0 points and tacks on 2.8 assists per game.
- Walker provides the bulk of the Huskies’ three-point shooting production. He knocks down 2.1 threes per game to pace the squad.
- Walker (2.3 steals per game) and Chris Doherty (0.6 blocks per game) pace the Huskies in steals and blocks, respectively.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED